Your Dream Car

Dream cars Shawn made for some lucky kid(s).

I bet they brought lots of smiles!

woodencars003.jpg

If only one, if would have to be Cobra CSX2000, the one that started it all.

Shelby-Cobra-CSX2000-top-view-in-motion.jpg

I was at the Shelby factory and saw old Carroll drop the hood closed from full mast, in front of the Ford SVT team. The looks on everyone's faces were priceless.

Now I do have a fairly lengthy lottery list though.

I'd love to get a '68 Firebird and hand it over to Chip Foose and tell him to go nuts.

I had a '68 Firebird 400...in '68. Good in a straight line, not so much on the turns....solid rear axle, not much on-center feel on the wheel. Lots of axle-hop. Typical of Detroit iron back in the day.

Good looking, though. I really need to dig out some old pics of the cars I had...some were pretty cool!

Last edited:
I had a '68 Firebird 400...in '68. Good in a straight line, not so much on the turns....solid rear axle, not much on-center feel on the wheel. Lots of axle-hop. Typical of Detroit iron back in the day.

Good looking, though.

That's why I'd give it to Chip Foose. Modern suspension, brakes and tires would go a long way.

Cool that you had one. 68 is my favorite year for the Firebird. I've wanted one since I was a teen.

Good looking, though. I really need to dig out some old pics of the cars I had...some were pretty cool!

My college roommate had a '67 ragtop...326 + PowerGlide tranny...it was a DOG. But the chicks dug it. :biggrin:

Back