Your Dream Car

Have you seen the long-bed conversion of the Mega Cab (which only comes in a short bed)? I want one but no way I'm spending $75k on a pickup truck.

truck92.jpg

I've seen a picture or two somewhere, but I haven't seen any in person. One thing I think lots of these designers forget about (or choose to ignore?) is parking these monsters. I don't want a vehicle that I have to park at the outer edges of the lot then hike half a mile to get into the store. And forget about the gas mileage!

I guess I'll stick with my '87 Dodge a while longer. It'll most likely outlast me anyway if the docs know what they're talking about...

Goldtop

The Yugo, kind of the BIC lighter of the auto world. Hard to believe but there's a man in my neighborhood that still has one and it moves on its own power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for that Shawn. I've outlived their predictions once before, and I just might do it again.

Goldtop

Hey Goldtop,

Never underestimate the power of human will. A mind can do much more than we could ever imagine, including defying the experts and the odds!

Hey Goldtop,

Never underestimate the power of human will. A mind can do much more than we could ever imagine, including defying the experts and the odds!

You're absolutely right Shawn. It wasn't long ago that my main cardio guy had 'the talk' with me, and I'm still here. I fooled them once, and I might do it again.

I told him then that I had places to go, music to hear, music to make, and I didn't plan on leaving anytime soon. He had this little amused look on his face, and he said 'you think your love of music can make a difference in this situation?'. I told him I knew it could, that it already had.

All of us love music in one way or another, or else we wouldn't be on this board.

Thanks again Shawn. Lloyd

Now, back to the subject of dream cars. Have you always been into Ferraris? How did it start for you? Why Ferraris?

My dream car always starts, never runs out of gas, and the music is there to enjoy, not drown out the other "noises".

This will do it. A Speedster would be awesome. A 959 would make me happy. A 993 Twin Turbo would be fantastic. A Jaguar XJ-220 would be just, wow. But this... a 911 GT-1 = dream car.

l.jpg

Or better yet, a 911 GT-1 '98!
1998_Porsche_911GT198Straenversion3.jpg

800px-Porsche_911_GT1_%2798_-25.jpg

Last edited:
For the past 2 new vehicles, I purchased my dream MUSCLE vehicles at that time. Here is my latest!

2011 SRT 8 Dodge Challenger

challenger.png

Love it!!

Here is my old Challenger with a couple of great guitars, the car and the guitars are gone but not forgotten...

Chally%2520and%2520Teds.jpg

My dream car is my latest, SRT8 Charger, fast, luxurious and lots of room for the family:

6488099549_756ab34450_z.jpg

6488091067_e43a4cb9f0_z.jpg

In my earlier years, I went through the BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Porsche phases, no need to throw money away on those, just give me a nice Dodge with an SRT8 Hemi, and I will throw my toy money at my awesome PRS guitars! ;)

For the past 2 new vehicles, I purchased my dream MUSCLE vehicles at that time. Here is my latest!

2011 SRT 8 Dodge Challenger

challenger.png

I'm a long time Mopar Guy, and to me that is one fine looking automobile! Congrats to you Mr-M!

Goldtop

Back