Your Dream Car

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I have new car fever. I can't buy any more guitars so I guess my GAS is turning back to cars, my 1st love.

Much like guitars, the coolest old cars are too expensive for my income. But if money were no object? Man...

What's your ULTIMATE, no holds-barred, money-no-object, Dream Car?

Here's mine. A 1925 Bugatti Type 35B or a Type 39.

bugatti-type-39-02.jpg

Last edited:
I love post war era cars, so with an unlimited budget I get these (and that Porsche^^^^)
1949 Ferrari 166mm
az11r22328.jpg

1955 Jaguar XK 140
1955-jaguar-xk140-ots-009.jpg

this one is pre-war, but it's still a beauty1937 Mercedes W125
the-mercedes-benz-w-125-gp-car-from-1937-1.jpg

I'll turn fifty in a few days, and sad to say I've never had a new car. It just never happened for one reason or another.

If I could go buy a new vehicle now, it would probably be some type of Dodge pickup. Club cab (some call it a cab-and-a-half), or maybe a four door; full size bed; maybe even a dualie; NO diesel!; NO camper/topper etc., but a nice lockable hard cover for the bed. No redneck lift kit, no gigantic 'Look at me! Mine's bigger than yours!' wheels, extra loud tailpipes, or any of that other silliness... Just a good, depenbable, nice, daily driver. Why the lockable bed cover? Hey, if I can afford a new pickup, then I can afford a flock of new guitars and amps to haul with it, and I gotta keep 'em safe!

Goldtop

As for other cars I'd like to own, do a search for 'Don Garlits'. Check out Swamp Rat #34. That'd suit me fine. In fact, any Swamp Rat from #14 to #34 would be great, but #34 is the pinnacle as far as I'm concerned. From the best drag racer ever in my opinion, and one whose ideas are still being copied today, the latest being enclosed cockpits for top fuelers. Supposedly a new invention, he perfected the concept and began using it over twenty-seven years ago.

Last edited:
An MTM Audi rs4 estate white with black wheels for family duties, a 2002 m3 csl for track day fun and my friends orange mk1 golf with chrome bumpers, small rear lights and totally restored top to toe for cruising on nice days (in Scotland which are rare)

I have new car fever. I can't buy any more guitars so I guess my GAS is turning back to cars, my 1st love.

Much like guitars, the collest old cars are too expensive for my income. But if money were no object? Man...

What's your ULTIMATE, no holds-barred, money-no-object, Dream Car?

Here's mine. A 1925 Bugatti Type 35B or a Type 39.

bugatti-type-39-02.jpg

Hans: The gullwing 300SL behind your car in the picture would be fine ...

That's a cool Ferrari Shawn. I got to see one in person a few years back (2002 or 2003).

Some fat cat had his collection on display near Richmond. He had a neat old Alfa Romeo too. Here are the pics I kept.

IMG_0421.jpg

Here's the Alfa.

Roll16-18.jpg

Check out the center drive seat on this 1967 365 P/2 (Pininfarina) Speciale! And you though McLaren was the 1st! :) It is my understanding that only 2 of these exist.

IMG_0411.jpg

Roll16-27.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

Last edited:
Back