Your Dream Car

My parents divorced when I was 13 and part of their agreement was that I was to be provided a car since my older sister had already totaled three of them.

This was what they felt was suitable for a f@ckin' 16 year old, but only it was red and a '60:

No radio, no windows, no heat, no dice! It sat in my mothers divorce lawyers garage rotting for three years and I never did get to drive it. I think I could handle a TR3A right about now.

Lambo Aventador

But with in reach? A new '14 StingRay. I'm not sure I can afford the $700/m payment right now though, haha.

I just watched this Marauder segment with my son. As a 9 year old, he thinks this is the most awesome vehicle ever made and he may be right.

That one was great! haha The whole series is on Netflix in its entirety if you use that service. I'm pretty sure I keep it for Top Gear UK and Archer alone. I can never catch it on BBC for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't you ever take possession of it?

I didn't start driving until I was seventeen (got my license the day before my first tour with my SXE band) and by that time it was a mess from sitting for so long, it was just deteriorating in that garage. When I asked my mother what they were thinking giving me that car she replied that my father and she felt that I couldn't get a girl pregnant in a car with that small of a back seat.

I didn't start driving until I was seventeen (got my license the day before my first tour with my SXE band) and by that time it was a mess from sitting for so long, it was just deteriorating in that garage. When I asked my mother what they were thinking giving me that car she replied that my father and she felt that I couldn't get a girl pregnant in a car with that small of a back seat.

Silly parents. It has a long hood.

Say no more!

2010-ferrari-enzo-wallpaper.jpg

Can I just point out that on the Ford website, on the main page for the 2014 Connect Wagon, it features pictures of musicians loading gear into it? When you guys think of these tiny sports cars, do you ever think "Where am I going to put my 4x12 next to my wife's Ampeg 8x10 cabinet? " That's what I think of when I think of vehicles.

http://www.ford.com/crossovers/transitconnectwagon/

tcp14_deepimpactblue.jpg

Your parents completely underestimated the hormonal pull of a 16 year old boy

Right???

I must admit I forgot about that too when watching my teenage nephews over Thanksgiving.... Dude would be sneaking girls in at 6 o'clock in the morning!!

I shouldn't judge, my first real car I bought (and got to drive) was a very roomy OJ Simpson style Bronco. I'd hate to have to fill the tank on that thing now, but the back seat was Huuuuge!

Your parents completely underestimated the hormonal pull of a 16 year old boy

Ain't that the truth?

I worked with a woman who was so frigging stupid about teenagers - she told us one morning that her stepson's girlfriend called early one morning and asked to talk to him. Wouldn't tell her why. Me and another guy just looked at her and said, "She's pregnant." She said the girl couldn't be pregnant, and we just piled on - "First thing in the morning - that's when you take the pregnancy test. Won't talk to you. Says it's an emergency." She said the girl couldn't be pregnant because the only time in the past six weeks they were alone together was at the prom, and that's supervised, so there's no way they could have screwed there. My reply - word for word - was "What planet are you from?" One of my best friends in high school got his girlfriend pregnant in his car at the prom.

Anyway, we badgered her all day about it, and finally heard her on the phone that afternoon fairly screaming at the stepson, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THAT GIRL? DON'T LIE TO ME - YOUR FATHER AND I ARE NOT GOING TO BAIL YOU OUT OF THIS!"

She wasn't pregnant - it was a school thing.

Back