Your Dream Car

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;53836 said:
Man... you better get those guitar stands off Phenny's car before he catches you! :box:
And those tires look like *@%$!!! Get some ArmorAll on them, stat!:p

Toyota Hiace Van. Available worldwide, except the United states.

In my touring days, I had an Astro Van, and while it was a nice compromise between a daily driver and a touring vehicle for the band, it was also a giant piece of $hit. I will never, ever under any circumstances, own another General Motors product.

Now, if I could combine a body and hauling capacity similar to an Astro with a diesel for fuel economy and Toyota reliability? I'd have a Hiace.

Toyota_Hiace_H200_506.JPG

Oh, you have SO got that right! But my numer one dream car actually had to be changed because it went from being a dream...
pcar.jpg

993 TT AMAZING !!

LOVE those cars !

993 TT AMAZING !!

LOVE those cars !
Not to burst any bubbles, but it's actually a C2S, not a twin turbo (but still a wide body). I wanted to get used to a normally aspirated tail-pusher before jumping into the realm of insanity. Call it my "trainer Porsche". :p

I grew up in a Porsche house. Corvette's never really captured my heart like the legendary 911. When I got married, by friend let us use his 2003 Z06 as the get-away vehicle. It was awesome! But, still, I wasn't ready to part with my money to get one.

This new 2015 Z06, however, sure has my attention. This new 'Vette (called "The Big Nasty" by Chevrolet) was unveiled at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show. It is supposed to hit the streets later this year with 625bhp and 625 ft-pounds of torque. That's a Ferrari killer. I would want mine in black or dark silver. And, yes, the carbon fiber roof is removable.

140113112530-2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-620xa.jpg

Last edited:
Mine was a 1986 Porsche 911 with the big OLE Whale Tail and the really fat rear tires... All the modern day sports cars all look like door wedges to me.
Then I got into sporty motorcycles with accelaration times that blows away almost any car on the planet (and teh drivers ego ;-) and corners leaning like a jet fighter banking and well...cars seemed boring after that.

My first car 'crush' I guess growing up was 'the Bandit'. LOVED that T/A. ;-)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;123806 said:
I grew up in a Porsche house. Corvette's never really captured my heart like the legendary 911. When I got married, by friend let us use his 2003 Z06 as the get-away vehicle. It was awesome! But, still, I wasn't ready to part with my money to get one.

This new 2015 Z06, however, sure has my attention. This new 'Vette (called "The Big Nasty" by Chevrolet) was unveiled at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show. It is supposed to hit the streets later this year with 625bhp and 625 ft-pounds of torque. That's a Ferrari killer. I would want mine in black or dark silver. And, yes, the carbon fiber roof is removable.

140113112530-2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-620xa.jpg

The Corvette has amazing performance for the money, but it doesn't stir my soul like some of the European cars do. I love the post war classics like the 1948 Ferrari Mille Miglia 166 and the '48 Jaguar XK120, but even the new Mercedes SLS AMG makes me tingle down there. For me it isn't all about perfromance, "passion" plays a huge part in the equation.

It's a solid point. Probably the chief reason I want a 911 GT3 RS. To me it's the perfect balance of form and function without executing the critical tasks autonomously. It still requires a great driver to perform - to will the machine into submission.

My old Ducati 996S gave me the same vibe.

The Corvette has amazing performance for the money, but it doesn't stir my soul like some of the European cars do. I love the post war classics like the 1948 Ferrari Mille Miglia 166 and the '48 Jaguar XK120, but even the new Mercedes SLS AMG makes me tingle down there. For me it isn't all about perfromance, "passion" plays a huge part in the equation.

Reading that makes me want to grab beer and watch Top Gear (UK, obviously) with you and Han!

Reading that makes me want to grab beer and watch Top Gear (UK, obviously) with you and Han!

I loved the Top Gear episode on the Ariel Atom... (0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds). It's sort of a car...Its basically a street legal go cart..But man does that sucker look fun.

I just watched this Marauder segment with my son. As a 9 year old, he thinks this is the most awesome vehicle ever made and he may be right.

Last edited by a moderator:
My new dream car may not be on the par with the others you all mention, but is at least semi-attainable to me.......if all goes well I want to have one and be puutting on the break in mileage on it on the way to this years Experience......2015 Mustang....drooool......

It's funny how life changes priorities. When I close my eyes and dream these days, this is the only rig I see. At least, that is to say, when I dream of something I would actually go out and purchase. It has everything to do with my daughter - who is growing up so fast.

Click it!

8150d1282885227-pics-towing-dscn2231.jpg

Last edited:
I'm also in the "changing priorities" camp. I've had a really nice sedan (Audi) and a really great sports car (Porsche) but what I really think I am going to buy next is the new Chevrolet Colorado mid-size pickup when they start selling them later this year. An easy to use, comfortable and versatile vehicle that suits my lifestyle, and with a Chevy truck I know it will run forever and its something I can work on myself.

Back