Your Dream Car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Boogie

Boogie Zombie Two, DFZ

And those tires look like *@%$!!! Get some ArmorAll on them, stat!:p

2. John Beef

John Beef Opaque

Toyota Hiace Van. Available worldwide, except the United states.

In my touring days, I had an Astro Van, and while it was a nice compromise between a daily driver and a touring vehicle for the band, it was also a giant piece of $hit. I will never, ever under any circumstances, own another General Motors product.

Now, if I could combine a body and hauling capacity similar to an Astro with a diesel for fuel economy and Toyota reliability? I'd have a Hiace.

[​IMG]

3. TGSCAN

TGSCAN Authorized PRS Dealer
    Authorized PRS Dealer

4. TGSCAN

TGSCAN Authorized PRS Dealer
    Authorized PRS Dealer

993 TT AMAZING !!

LOVE those cars !

5. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

Hands, you wanna remove my hood ornaments?

6. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Zombie Zero

Are you coming on to me? :dontknow:

7. Herr Squid

Herr Squid I was severely impressed

I drove the hardtop version of one of them suckers a week ago. They are quite the treat! :D

[​IMG]

8. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc “Evil” Sergio. You can tell by the goatee

9. Boogie

Boogie Zombie Two, DFZ

Not to burst any bubbles, but it's actually a C2S, not a twin turbo (but still a wide body). I wanted to get used to a normally aspirated tail-pusher before jumping into the realm of insanity. Call it my "trainer Porsche". :p

10. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Zombie Zero

I grew up in a Porsche house. Corvette's never really captured my heart like the legendary 911. When I got married, by friend let us use his 2003 Z06 as the get-away vehicle. It was awesome! But, still, I wasn't ready to part with my money to get one.

This new 2015 Z06, however, sure has my attention. This new 'Vette (called "The Big Nasty" by Chevrolet) was unveiled at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show. It is supposed to hit the streets later this year with 625bhp and 625 ft-pounds of torque. That's a Ferrari killer. I would want mine in black or dark silver. And, yes, the carbon fiber roof is removable.

[​IMG]

#90 ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  11. Todd_FindingMyWay

Todd_FindingMyWay New Member

Mine was a 1986 Porsche 911 with the big OLE Whale Tail and the really fat rear tires... All the modern day sports cars all look like door wedges to me.
    Then I got into sporty motorcycles with accelaration times that blows away almost any car on the planet (and teh drivers ego ;-) and corners leaning like a jet fighter banking and well...cars seemed boring after that.

My first car 'crush' I guess growing up was 'the Bandit'. LOVED that T/A. ;-)

12. Shawn@PRS

The Corvette has amazing performance for the money, but it doesn't stir my soul like some of the European cars do. I love the post war classics like the 1948 Ferrari Mille Miglia 166 and the '48 Jaguar XK120, but even the new Mercedes SLS AMG makes me tingle down there. For me it isn't all about perfromance, "passion" plays a huge part in the equation.

13. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Zombie Zero

It's a solid point. Probably the chief reason I want a 911 GT3 RS. To me it's the perfect balance of form and function without executing the critical tasks autonomously. It still requires a great driver to perform - to will the machine into submission.

My old Ducati 996S gave me the same vibe.

14. themike

themike New Member

Reading that makes me want to grab beer and watch Top Gear (UK, obviously) with you and Han!

15. Todd_FindingMyWay

Todd_FindingMyWay New Member

I loved the Top Gear episode on the Ariel Atom... (0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds). It's sort of a car...Its basically a street legal go cart..But man does that sucker look fun.

16. Shawn@PRS

I just watched this Marauder segment with my son. As a 9 year old, he thinks this is the most awesome vehicle ever made and he may be right.

#96 [email protected], Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
  17. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Zombie Zero

I especially enjoyed the explosion test at the end.

18. WEDGE

WEDGE Zombie five, DFZ

My new dream car may not be on the par with the others you all mention, but is at least semi-attainable to me.......if all goes well I want to have one and be puutting on the break in mileage on it on the way to this years Experience......2015 Mustang....drooool......

[​IMG]

19. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Zombie Zero

It's funny how life changes priorities. When I close my eyes and dream these days, this is the only rig I see. At least, that is to say, when I dream of something I would actually go out and purchase. It has everything to do with my daughter - who is growing up so fast.

Click it!

8150d1282885227-pics-towing-dscn2231.jpg

#99 ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  20. gball

gball New Member

I'm also in the "changing priorities" camp. I've had a really nice sedan (Audi) and a really great sports car (Porsche) but what I really think I am going to buy next is the new Chevrolet Colorado mid-size pickup when they start selling them later this year. An easy to use, comfortable and versatile vehicle that suits my lifestyle, and with a Chevy truck I know it will run forever and its something I can work on myself.