Your current PTC dreams and plans

justmund

Plank Spanker
Being inspired by a couple of stellar recent PTC projects (White Rabbit, SCF etc), what are your current dreams/plans for a PTC project?

I'd love to put a triple set of \m/s into a Chris Henderson, wired up like my 624, 3 way toggle for the neck/bridge, a push-pull to activate the middle PU, and push-pulls to coil tap each PU (luckily there are 4 x pots on this model). I think it would make one seriously flexible rock machine, capable of some way out there combo tones. I would also go a refin in charcoal contour burst top and a natural back.

I did wonder about 408s in a CU22 Soapy but I think the P-90 hole might be a little too big... Well unless it was a solid finish e.g. Goldtop then you could just get the holes plugged... Hmm...

What about you guys?

I want to buy an early alder-body maple-top CE 24, and send it into the PTC for a complete refin -- wraparound Armando's Amethyst if they'll do it -- and to have the tuners rebuilt into Phase II as per this thread (sorry, Sergio).

Soon as someone buys my 25th anniversary Cu24, I'll do it.

Yeah, Sergio's a little nutty. :) I don't understand the appeal of those old tuners! :dontknow: I'd like some of rebuilds, but can't justify the $ on a guitar that's in perfectly good working condition.

I'd like to be able to get PTC to wind some squabbin \m/ pickups. *Hint, hint*
I haven't asked yet but I'm just sayin'.

With enough funds I would buy a S2 Mira and send it to the PTC for narrow 408s. Actually, with enough funds I would also just buy a 408 guitar.

(sorry, Sergio).

What you gotta do is leave those wingers alone, and have the PTC fill the holes and put phase II's on! If you're going for a refin, you must absolutely get the "in the wood" finish on that maple neck!

Yeah, Sergio's a little nutty. :) I don't understand the appeal of those old tuners! :dontknow:

I'll show you nutty! :box: Everything isn't for everybody... Don't you have a guitar with a Demon Clown face on it? :flute:

I'd love to find a natural top CE and have the PTC tri-color-Rasta that sucker!

I feel for Sergio, because I still love the old 5-way rotary way more than the blade switch on the current models. It just plain looks better.

If you're going for a refin, you must absolutely get the "in the wood" finish on that maple neck!

I'll have to think about that one. I was planning on only refinishing the body... I've gotten used to the glossy neck on my Custom 24, I don't know if I want a drastically different feel on the CE or not.

This is all a pipe dream until I actually manage to buy an old CE, you understand.

My plan is to have my Sig Ltd go in for a great PTC setup this fall. That's all it really needs, but I can't wait.

I know, boring. But I'm happy with my guitars the way they are.

Last edited:
408 with a piezo and rw neck perhaps. Hopefully they'd release one this year.

I'll have to think about that one. I was planning on only refinishing the body... I've gotten used to the glossy neck on my Custom 24, I don't know if I want a drastically different feel on the CE or not.

This is all a pipe dream until I actually manage to buy an old CE, you understand.

Understood. :top:

My plan is to have my Sig Ltd go in for a great PTC setup this fall. That's all it really needs, but I can't wait.

I know, boring. But I'm happy with my guitars the way they are.

Some guitars don't need fixin'!

I'm thinking an NF 3 or DC3, modded with three narrow 408s...
:)

It's a tough choice, if you do it to a NF3 it's going to be a lot like a Brent Mason sig, but you get 3 x Narrowfields left over that I'm sure Someone would want...

I'd recommend doing it to a DC3, but that's only because I know how good mine is! Just remember there's steel trem blocks and brass trem blocks out there on the DC3s, there's no better, there's just "different".

What you gotta do is leave those wingers alone, and have the PTC fill the holes and put phase II's on! If you're going for a refin, you must absolutely get the "in the wood" finish on that maple neck!

I'll show you nutty! :box: Everything isn't for everybody... Don't you have a guitar with a Demon Clown face on it? :flute:

I'd love to find a natural top CE and have the PTC tri-color-Rasta that sucker!
I'm just givin' ya a hard time. :tongue:
It's an evil goat head, NOT A CLOWN!:rofl:

Hey Mike, I just installed a killswitch and it looks and works great.
f71f96f11453135953db662ec37f6252.jpg

Back