your current project !?

Editing out and re-recording some music tracks for my reworked McCarty / MannMade Adjustable Aluminum Bridge. Having forgotten the usual mindset of recording, I previously had recorded several guitar track (which was like low tide and stunk, IMHO). Edited out the previously recorded tracks and started over with tweaked pre-bus/post-bus settings.

Fast-forward: Was able to place some EZDrummer parts onto Logic, then located an appropriate bass part with the same tempo and key signature. The drum track with be centered mono, the bass track, mono, panned slightly left of center.

The guitar parts will be both rhythm and lead, mono/doubled, the rhythm and lead panned slightly in opposite directions, for spread.

The guitar parts have yet to be recorded, but I know what will work for this project, chord and lead-wise.

Another project complete, now what am I going to do? Maybe I build a few pedals.

vt6Lg6S.jpg
Nice! Is that a kit or scratch build? Either way it looks fantastic.

Nice! Is that a kit or scratch build? Either way it looks fantastic.
It is a kit from Amazon. The wood quality is surprisingly good. Neck was flat and the frets were level for the most part. Pickups are ok i guess, not 85/15's, but they are splitable if the Pastor wants to upgrade electronics later on.

Spent Tuesday night after a Zoom meeting tweaking my McCarty's intonation again. The high E string had developed some fret buzz between the 1st and 6th frets, so a truss rod adjustment solved that problem. It took a couple hours to "fine tune" the intonation this time, likely because I needed to check YouTube videos for clearer instructions than are found on the PRS website. This video proved helpful. Skitchy's video was OK as well; I felt that Cesar did a good job explaining the direction of saddle travel (pay attention, he covers it quickly!)

@Shawn@PRS, if you're reading this, it might be helpful to add to the bridge intonation instructions to play the open string you wish to intonate first, and tune to correct pitch. Then play the harmonic at the 12th fret.

If the harmonic note is flat, move the saddle forward towards the nut, thereby shortening the length of the string. If the harmonic note is sharp, move the saddle towards the tailpiece, thereby lengthening the string. Once both the open note and harmonic note are in tune, the string is intonated correctly. Repeat for all 6 strings, tuning the open string to pitch first, then playing the 12th fret harmonic, adjusting the saddle, and checking the tuning again. Adjustable bridges have their saddle screws located on the inner side of the bridge; tremolo bridges, on the tailpiece side. Saddle screw adjustment's travel direction will differ because of the orientation of the saddle screws.

Worst case scenario is that you use up the length of saddle screw travel space, and need to either lengthen or shorten the distance from bridge to nut (accomplished with the 2 Allen screws either bottom end of the adjustable bridge.) This will allow greater saddle travel, but should not be used unless you cannot intonate the 1st, 4th, or 6th strings because of limited saddle travel space. (Turning the Allen screws counter-clockwise looking from tailpiece up will increase the string length and allow for greater saddle travel towards the nut. Opposite applies for saddle travel towards the tailpiece.)

Back