Your advice and recomendations needed

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by g.wizz, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Ovibos

Ovibos Unsure why all necks aren't rosewood

I hear good things abt the Tone City Golden Plexi...

g.wizz likes this.
  2. g.wizz

g.wizz Nabs

Hi Andy, actually I tried the plexidrive deluxe at my friend's and it's no slouch in this department, I did post the low gain demo of the Friedman but the sound was a bit trebley so I would love to hear your own judgment when you turn the internal trim pot.

also the Bogner La Grange seems a good contender but I'm still undecided which one.

3. Rider1260

Rider1260 New Member

I usually don't mention my stuff much here but you could do worse
    http://www.tonalinsanity.com
    bunch of videos from CRGTR on the site and youtube :) a few folks here have them as far as a Plexi sound I would think the Aurora Borealis , Sequoia or Niagara would do that for you I also love those pedals with my 513

g.wizz likes this.
  4. John Beef

John Beef Opaque

I saw this movie once, "Scotland PA", and they take the owner of a fast food restaurant and tie him up and he ends up face first in the deep fryer. Every time I see Friedman (aka Fried Man) amps or pedals, I think about that scene. It's briefly in the trailer which is all I could find online.

g.wizz and bodia like this.
  5. g.wizz

g.wizz Nabs

Thank you for reminding me, I saw Chris' demo few years ago I'll be sure to refresh my ears with their sound again

6. Twinfan

Twinfan 408 Sig Club President

Friedman is way too gainy for a true Plexi sound.

Bogner La Grange is the best out there for Super Lead/Super Bass tones IMHO, and is super flexible with all the gain/tone options.

g.wizz likes this.
  7. g.wizz

g.wizz Nabs

Thanks Twinfan, for now it's these 2 and the Marvel drive V3 that just came out few months back, waiting to hear more demos or if someone will chime in from his own experience with it, well the choice is narrowing.