You want how much for that??!!??

$60K, $100K, they’re both pre-serial number PRS guitars. History, provenance, worth whatever one is willing to pay.

There’s a McTrem/DGT proto, and an ‘85 sea foam available that I’d like to buy. Neither near these prices, but if the history and provenance means something to you...

Is this some magical instrument that will make you play better and sound like the gods themselves? No.

Is it a unique piece of history for an influential brand. Oh h*ck yes.

Imagine having an instrument, and the proof of it, that Leo himself made for a friend who was doing a favor to help get Fender off the ground.

Is this some magical instrument that will make you play better and sound like the gods themselves? No.

Is it a unique piece of history for an influential brand. Oh h*ck yes.

Imagine having an instrument, and the proof of it, that Leo himself made for a friend who was doing a favor to help get Fender off the ground.

Or like having a print vs. the actual painting.

It’s not just a Paul Reed Smith guitar, it’s a Paul Reed Smith guitar!

There’s always the 1984 one in Santana Yellow at Garrett Park for the more budget minded :)

https://gpguitars.com/collections/n...984-prs-pre-factory-santana-in-santana-yellow

DBC161-A8-E1-D1-42-F5-907-B-53-AD4-D62-C5-EE.png

5-A46-CCAE-F4-A2-4-AA6-ADE7-001727-C0-CF92.png

83-D653-DD-3-B42-41-E7-82-D5-B07223-E183-B0.png
Yeah, I want to liberate that one too.

John Mann designed the original PRS bridge! For all the time I’ve been in his shop, I’ve never thought to look for this. My guess is he doesn’t really want to sell it, but if someone wants to pay $100k, he may change his mind :D
This is how I feel about my Koa Sister :D

This is how I feel about my Koa Sister :D
Now there’s a thought! :D

Honestly there are perhaps one or two in my care that I would not sell for 100k or 500k. My life would be poorer for it.

Back