You Just Won the $500 Million Powerball...

New house built to my specs with recording studio, indoor heated pool (I live in England remember!), games room, etc... Aston Martin DB9, giant aquarium.

Gear wise id have a few private Stocks built, some Strat's, Tele's. Not big on buying vintage gear but if I had money to burn then why not... Little guitar museum with some 59 LP's, 50's Strats. Full analogue and digital studio(s) filled out with as much quality kit as I can get my hands on.

All my furniture would be made of solid wood and not chipboard shite.

I'd have this house knocked down to stop someone else having the unfortunate shock of discovering what lies under the surface!

Oh, and I'd buy a home in the US and come and annoy you all! ;)

hmmmm. i would hire a bus and a driver. we'd stop at Jack's on our way to Stevensville where i'd buy a place to crash on Kent Island. after wearing out my welcome at the factory it would be back on the bus and out to Kentucky to spend some time with Bob and Eric. from there, head to Texas to see Brian, stopping in Memphis to see Eric. After that, off to Cali to visit with Dougie D. by then it's time Experience where we'd all hang at my place.

Plan? Have i thought about this before? :beer:

I would sponsor the most bad-assest PRS Experience this year that you ever imagined. The gift bags handed out up front would be filled with sick goodies. Individually assigned 'Hostesses' would accompany you all through out the multi day and night event. Friday would be half price private stock day sponsored by me. Because they are a couple of my favorite bands Van Halen would play the main stage with Black Label Society opening up for them one night, and a mini G3 event the next with Satch, Yngwie, and Eric Johnson the next night. No food trucks, we would have buffets like on a cruise ship. Open bars. I could go on but you get the idea.

I was considering what to do if I won earlier today.

Guitars I want wouldn't really put a dent in the money.

But I would fund an Experience EVERY year. And maybe pay everybody's way to it the 1st year.

I honestly don't want that much money. I reckon I'd keep enough to make me and my future generations well to do, and then make a job out of giving money away on charity initiatives.

That said, I'd drive my Tesla Model S up to one of the dealers in Maryland or maybe all the way up to John Mann (if there are enough charging stations along the way :p). Y'know, one of the really cool guys who can get me into the Private Stock vault. I'd finally spec out a PS guitar or three.

Well ya can't win if you don't play, so I can't win. But since we are dreaming here, I'd take care of the loved ones and hire an accounting firm to keep me solvent and handle all the requests for cash that would be coming my way. If they can get past the bean counters they deserve the money. I'd build the right house back in the no name town where I grew up. Buy the right desert gear including 4 x 4's, motorcycles, motor homes and toys that go bang. A 72 Corvette with a body off restoration (and a new suspension system since they ride like a brick). Meanwhile, I'd be searching for the fleet of guitars and amps to fill the studio in the house I was talking about. Probably not private stock since I like the standard models and don't have an itch that they don't scratch. I'd also hire a really good teacher to show me how to play better than I do.

You know... Since its fantasy(no taxes in fantasy land)... I'd buy the company and hire Paul to run it!

Would order my PS electric immediately. Also would order a PS Tonare Grand with maple back and sides.
Then....
2002 or 03 Dragon Singlecut
http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com...h-private-stock-mccarty-single-cut-burst-s634
http://willcuttguitars.com/paul-ree...private-stock-2952-dgt-white-tiger-burst-used
Grainger 4 string bass
SASNF
I'd likely build a double neck Westy too.

Amps:
Divided By 13 FTR 37 with 2x12
PRS 4x12
Bad Cat 2x12 cab
Matchless DC30
1965 Fender Super reverb
with a PH1000 cab

I'd likely purchase some primo vintage gear as well as build a studio.

Last edited by a moderator:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;188140 said:
...and you drive your new [insert dream care here] down to see [insert name of your guitar pusher] at [insert name of guitar shop].
$500 mill? Well to start with, I wouldn't drive at all……but my chauffeur would be more than glad to drive me anywhere I need in my [ridiculous limo], or even meet me at the airport with one where my private flight lands.

Oh yeah, I'd obviously buy that one I keep checking in on...
yes it's still there... Got scared for a sec when I accidentally scrolled past it.

Well well well 500 million. First all brothers, sisters and parents of my wife and I would be taken care of.

Reminds me of a line by the great Todd Snider in "Money, Compliments, Publicity"...

If I ever do get my money together, I'm gonna take care of all of my friends,
Buy an island, run a phone line, call 'em all, tell 'em to get f*cked -
Oh! That oughta take care of them!

NSFW video (four or five of those words) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cHP1PmdLuY

OK - My $500M wish list - aside from some people I know who I would give $ to so they are set for life - Mesa Boogie amp, a few more PRS's custom made to my exact specs (including a 305), a bunch of pedals, and a vacation house in some exotic tropical location

Back