You Are The Newest PRS Signature Artist - Let's Talk!

I would have them spec out my 89 ce top to bottom. Use the same woods and hardware, electronics, and make sure the action is the same as current action (super low almost buzzing). I would like the phase 3 tuners unless it somehow affects the sound. It would be 100% Maryland made, not like the current one. Should also come with 9's instead of 10's.

Good topic, I'll play. But, instead of limiting the game to what's sure to be well-represented here - the more exotic . . . I'd add another category, something much more basic - S2 but nicer:
Standard S2 shape in solid mahogany with grain at least as striking as my Cherry Bomb.
58/15 LT tuned pups with Core level electronics throughout.
True Vintage (that would be the catalog name) custom locking tunners that look identical to the current vintage tuners, except they lock from the back side. Now, you've got a guitar head that looks vintage from top and sides.
Ebony fretboard and stainless steel frets.
And finally, made on the Core side, with absolute quality control that guarantees 100% built to spec. I'm picky when spending my hard-earned money, so if this special guitar is being sold to the public under my name (it's Brado) it's gotta be perfect out of the box all the time. So, the bridge saddle radius would match perfectly with the neck radius. Nuts would be cut and filed by machine with tight QC measures so each and every nut height is exact.

Nothing fancy, just a very well-built guitar made for the working musician who takes it out frequently to gig - - - or the bedroom enthusiast. :)Just anyone who wants top quality, but not just as highly priced as the rest of the top models.

Good topic, I'll play. But, instead of limiting the game to what's sure to be well-represented here - the more exotic . . . I'd add another category, something much more basic - S2 but nicer:
Standard S2 shape in solid mahogany with grain at least as striking as my Cherry Bomb.
True Vintage (that would be the catalog name) custom locking tunners that look identical to the current vintage tuners, except they lock from the back side. Now, you've got a guitar head that looks vintage from top and sides.
And finally, made on the Core side, with absolute quality control that guarantees 100% built to spec. I'm picky when spending my hard-earned money, so if this special guitar is being sold to the public under my name (it's Brado) it's gotta be perfect out of the box all the time. So, the bridge saddle radius would match perfectly with the neck radius. Nuts would be cut and filed by machine with tight QC measures so each and every nut height is exact.

Nothing fancy, just a very well-built guitar made for the working musician who takes it out frequently to gig - - - or the bedroom enthusiast. :)Just anyone who wants top quality, but not just as highly priced as the rest of the top models.
I'll buy one!

It is your signature guitar, have it your way. Thanks for the thread compliments. I try not to pick bad things to talk about. :)

I'm exceptionally greedy, so I'd need at least an initial three versions of my own take on the SS:

1) lightweight alder body in a three-tone sunburst, a bolt-on birds eye maple neck with "veneer" dark rosewood board, and three single coils on an ivory-coloured laminated pickguard. 10-inch radius on the fingerboard, and 6105 fretwire for the 22 frets.

2) As number 1 above, but with a lowish-output splittable humbucker in the bridge position to go with the remaining two s/c pickups.

3) lightweight figured ash body in a two-tone sunburst, a bolt-on solid birds eye maple neck (w/dark skunk stripe), and three single coils on a white single-ply guard. 10-inch radius, and 6105 fretwire for the 22 frets.

Headstock back to the "right" way up, and unpainted, i.e. just clear nitro. More varied colour options turning up each year, of course.....

I would have them spec out my 89 ce top to bottom. Use the same woods and hardware, electronics, and make sure the action is the same as current action (super low almost buzzing). I would like the phase 3 tuners unless it somehow affects the sound. It would be 100% Maryland made, not like the current one. Should also come with 9's instead of 10's.
and have it artificially made in ‘89 - that was some year.

Mine would be based on the S2 Singlecut Standard.

Body - solid mahogany
Neck - solid mahogany
Fretboard - Indian rosewood
Inlay - abalone birds w/ corian outlines
Nut - core nut
Tuners - S2 locking
Bridge - wrap tailpiece w/ brass inserts
Electronics - 57/08 pickups, 2 vol, 2 tone with push/push coil splits (or taps - whatever), 4 clear/black lampshades

Colors:
Candy Red w/ mint pickguard
Aqua Metallic w/ white pickguard
McCarty Tobacco Burst w/ tortoise guard
Burgundy Mist Metallic w/ aged pearl pickguard

All models come with hybrid hardware, no truss rod cover, and a Silver Sky quality gig bag.

Mine would be based on the S2 Singlecut Standard.

Body - solid mahogany
Neck - solid mahogany
Fretboard - Indian rosewood
Inlay - abalone birds w/ corian outlines
Nut - core nut
Tuners - S2 locking
Bridge - wrap tailpiece w/ brass inserts
Electronics - 57/08 pickups, 2 vol, 2 tone with push/push coil splits (or taps - whatever), 4 clear/black lampshades

Colors:
Candy Red w/ mint pickguard
Aqua Metallic w/ white pickguard
McCarty Tobacco Burst w/ tortoise guard
Burgundy Mist Metallic w/ aged pearl pickguard

All models come with hybrid hardware, no truss rod cover, and a Silver Sky quality gig bag.
You could probably turn a profit off that!

SC250
57/08 Neck and bridge
Korina neck and Body
24 frets Rosewood Fretboard - no preference
Abalone bird inlays
Natural finish on back
Ebony Veneer headstock
Maple cap-no preference
Color: Autumn Sunset fade.....basically from bottom up brown/orange/yellow/hint of pink/hint of blue
I want winged tuners on mine....but for everyone else normal tuners.

Other colors would be fades.

Back