Yoga! Yoga!

I've had 3 major spinal surgeries and still have chronic pain, sometimes debilitating. I tried yoga and the stretching helped but I don't have the self discipline to keep at it between lessons. I was wining to my anesthesiologist friend and he said, "Get your ass back to yoga". And I still don't do it!:mad: When I did try the lessons a different friend had put me in touch with an instructor that was giving me weekly private lessons for probably cheaper rates than what group lessons are. I still didn't keep up with them. And the real kicker is the instructor is absolutely adorable. It was really fun watching her stretch. And I still didn't go back! Sheez:rolleyes:

But bodia you should do it. :)

We sound like birds of a feather........I don't do any (ok, not many) of the things I'm supposed to for my back.

We sound like birds of a feather........I don't do any (ok, not many) of the things I'm supposed to for my back.
Well, I don't either. But you have some defense. I don't. I've been in healthcare my entire adult life and know what I should do. :mad::oops:

I love(d) yoga! Was really into it years ago, even went on a couple of retreats. Then I fell off, unfortunately, but looking to get back into it.

I was a big fan of hot yoga classes (not Bikram!). They really get your heart pumping and body sweating. And they're typically more intense of classes, so they can really get into your core.

I took a couple of Bikram classes a several years ago, and even with (at the time) 12+ years of traditional Karate training under my belt, they were tough! And I've never sweated so much before or since.

Of course it does! I have a yoga mat that I actually used. Once.

I, uh, also meditated once. :rolleyes:
Nice! I have a yoga mat and we use it to put on concrete boat ramps for padding, when we take new people kayaking

I'm old school I guess. I've never tried yoga. In the last 20 years my workouts have been mainly elliptical, biking, some lighter weights and calisthenics. But mostly playing sports til the last couple of years.

We're camping this weekend so all I did today was pushups

Back