Yikes! Almost sold my 2ChH :O

Somehow got the idea that my 2 Ch H combo had lost its mojo. Put it up for sale for a while, no bites. Plugged into it yesterday. It's fantastic. Not sure what the heck happened.

Note to self: use the tone controls.

Saved!

I've had this happen before with guitars. Glad for that "a-ha!" moment to pull my sanity back.

My H is killer just fired it up after bit of a layoff ( Playing the MKV ) just a nice sounding amp !!!!

If I could have turned mine up more often, I never would have sold it. As it is, the Archon can sound more to my liking and sound great at lower volume than the H or Custom 50. Every time I turned the C50 up, I said I’d never sell it. But I can only do that when the wife is not home. The Archon sounds great at volumes she tolerates (barely ;))

I really like my 2-Channel "H," but it is time to find the amp a new home. I downsized my digs a couple of years ago. I only have so much space for gear. It is either the 2-Channel "H" or an amp that I designed and built back in 1997. That amp is the last of the tube-type amps that I built during that phase of my life, so it has a lot of meaning to me.

I had a similar moment with my Custom 50 recently. It was sounding dull, so I got to tweaking and discovered the bias had drifted to a quite cold setting, and also, I had the clean channel gain set so low that the harmonic goodies just weren't coming out. With low or mid output pickups, that channel will stay mostly clean all the way up (in contrast to my SE30 which was quite crunchy on the rhythm channel), setting it too low on the Custom just makes the tone feel stiff and cold. A little juice gets it to that sweet compression and liveliness that a good clean amp should have.

Umm, if you have an elevator at home, you don't need the "or"...

Maybe not such a good idea to have sex with a complete stranger in your home elevator...just thinkin’ out loud here...

“Oh, that was amazing, and in an elevator in your house...um...what’s your name?”

“My name? Oh but then we wouldn’t be strangers, would we? Yes, I enjoyed it very much. Now let’s get dressed before my significant other comes home, shall we?”

“Goodness, I can’t seem to find my panties.”

“You what? Can’t find your...panties? My god, you really need to find them, this is not a large elevator!”

“Well I can’t, and...do I hear someone shouting hello?”

“Omigod that’s my significant other, home early! OK, OK, be calm...just uh put the clothes back on...straighten ourselves up, and uh, look natural, and now just open the elevator door and walk out and...

“Why hello dear! Nice to see you home so early! This is...uh...why this is our new...housekeeper! Yes! Housekeeper! Got to run along and take her home, ta ta! Listen, uh...don’t take the elevator, take the stairs.”

“Why?”

“It’s uh...it’s out of order. Yes, out of order. I’ve called the repair people, don’t worry, just, uh don’t go into the elevator bye now!”

“Ok but why is a pair of women’s panties sticking out of your jacket pocket, dear?”

“Well perhaps our new housekeeper did the laundry, darling, well got to go, shove off, make myself scarce!”

Maybe not such a good idea to have sex with a complete stranger in your home elevator...just thinkin’ out loud here...

“Oh, that was amazing, and in an elevator in your house...um...what’s your name?”

“My name? Oh but then we wouldn’t be strangers, would we? Yes, I enjoyed it very much. Now let’s get dressed before my significant other comes home, shall we?”

“Goodness, I can’t seem to find my panties.”

“You what? Can’t find your...panties? My god, you really need to find them, this is not a large elevator!”

“Well I can’t, and...do I hear someone shouting hello?”

“Omigod that’s my significant other, home early! OK, OK, be calm...just uh put the clothes back on...straighten ourselves up, and uh, look natural, and now just open the elevator door and walk out and...

“Why hello dear! Nice to see you home so early! This is...uh...why this is our new...housekeeper! Yes! Housekeeper! Got to run along and take her home, ta ta! Listen, uh...don’t take the elevator, take the stairs.”

“Why?”

“It’s uh...it’s out of order. Yes, out of order. I’ve called the repair people, don’t worry, just, uh don’t go into the elevator bye now!”

“Ok but why is a pair of women’s panties sticking out of your jacket pocket, dear?”

“Well perhaps our new housekeeper did the laundry, darling, well got to go, shove off, make myself scarce!”
My response to this is quite varied, so I'm just gonna stop now, before I get yelled at by an admin...

:oops:

It’s an attempt at humor. Nothing more. Sorry you didn’t find it funny.
Oh, I found it hilarious! I just knew my response back was going to go over the edge in one of three possible ways (political, lewd content, or a combo of both), so I held back!

No worries Les, I like you style of humor!

Oh, I found it hilarious! I just knew my response back was going to go over the edge in one of three possible ways (political, lewd content, or a combo of both), so I held back!

No worries Les, I like you style of humor!

Thanks, man! I was worried I’d offended you.

I didn’t get to the part where the significant other introduces the guy to the new “butler.”

Back