Yet another PRS SE ZM with finish issues...

Well, I must say after reading all of the ZM threads it is with trepidation that I await my tomorrow scheduled delivery of my own ZM. I hope all of these unfortunate OPs who also bought a ZM are exceptions to the PRS QC standards and trust that PRS will make 'em right. However, I would have to admit that if I received a "less-than" new ZM I too certainly will be disappointed. I'll know tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

The first ZM I had received had a REALLY bad top. Looked almost as if it had a 4-piece top. The color stain seemed to be non existent on towards the outer edges. I sent it back, got a refund and pre-ordered another with a dealer that was willing to send me pictures of the guitar BEFORE shipping it to me. Sure, I had to wait a few weeks for the second shipment to arrive, but my dealer came through and I am VERY happy with my replacement.

My advice is for you to send it back for either a replacement or a refund and just order another. You will NEVER be happy with the one you already received.

Well, I must say after reading all of the ZM threads it is with trepidation that I await my tomorrow scheduled delivery of my own ZM. I hope all of these unfortunate OPs who also bought a ZM are exceptions to the PRS QC standards and trust that PRS will make 'em right. However, I would have to admit that if I received a "less-than" new ZM I too certainly will be disappointed. I'll know tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Did Bob get his guitar?!!

Did Bob get his guitar?!!

Hello Again Fellas,
Yep my ZM2SE arrived here in great condition. No quibbles about it at all. I did get a chance to plug it in and wail away on it for about an hour. Having never played a PRS before I must say that I am impressed. The pups are responsive and dynamic with whatever I threw at it. I give mine a fat A+. [whew]

Tonight I am out of town and my ZM2SE is at home. Wishing it was here or I was there. hahaha I still haven't removed the plastic film from all the plastic yet. Tomorrow I'll get it done. After playing those heavy Gibson Traditionals all these years I was amazed by the light weight of the guitar. Sustain for days! Sorta shots a hole in the theory that heavy=sustain. Hmmm, that might make a good thread. Sustain- Does guitar weight really make a difference? Prolly been done already. LOL

I went from a ten pounder with brass hardware to a six and change PRS and was surprised by the light weights sustain.

Back