Yes or no, I need advice on a PTC project

Raven17

Joey Tatts
I just picked up an amazing Private Stack last month and I'm really contemplating sending it in for a gold Floyd Rose install.
All opinions welcome and appreciated in advance.

I think this would be a tough one for me too. I would say yes to a Floyd if you feel the application of it will justify the cost. I do like floyds and even though at first I was skeptical about a Floyd on prs, they blend very nicely when done right. The ptc would do an amazing job I'm sure.

Do remember it's your guitar and if it feels right to you then it is right.

You have a lot of trems as it is. Is that your thing or you just have the itch the make it unique?

A buddy of mine won't play guitars that don't have trems, which is why I'm asking

Yeah I love tremolos, I have really grown th like the PRS trem but the FR has been my favorite bridge since the early 80's.

If has floyds off and on since the 80's a s well and I like them a lot. I have to have a trem or I feel the guitar is naked nut that's just me. A flod would look amazing on your private stock....

Ps, I just picked up a prs se cu24 Floyd and love it.

Either way that is, and will be, just a stunningly beautiful guitar. Personally I enjoy having different configurations (bridges/pickups/electronics) between my (too many) guitars. If I had the Floyd bridge thing covered I'd leave this one as is...but hey...it's yours...and if you'll be even more happy with a Floyd...go for it. With experts like the PTC available...it's a no loose proposition.

There is the whole "make it your own"...however, if the guitar is playing as good as it should , especially for being their top o' da line, why mess with perfection...? There is always that slim ( note: VERY slim) chance it comes back not "feeling" the way it did originally. The Floyd procedure removes a lot of wood, which could effect the resonance.
And it sounds like you have others with Floyds, so I would vote...no.
Keep it stock. Besides, its frickin gorgeous!!!

How close is the Floyd coming to the toggle switch? It looks like you need to move the switch

Everyone is missing the obvious here. You can't put a Floyd on a stoptail guitar. The neck is pitched.

Last edited:
Everyone is missing the obvious here. You can't put a Floyd on a stoptail guitar. The neck is pitched.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! It's a no-go due to neck angle. I can do it on my Navarro or my DTG......white guitar with gold floyd or black with black floyd.....??

FRTX01000.jpg

What about the new Floyd Rose FRX? I know it's designed for a Tune-o-matic, but it solves the neck pitch problem. If you're handy with a drill and a hammer, you could probably fit it yourself.

What about the new Floyd Rose FRX? I know it's designed for a Tune-o-matic, but it solves the neck pitch problem. If you're handy with a drill and a hammer, you could probably fit it yourself.
I wouldn't be able to look at someone doing that to a beautiful private stock.

Was this a trick question lol

It wasn't a trick question even tho I realized shortly after posting that it was not an option. I did get a quote back from Matt at the PTC on the Navarro and the DTG, I will decide which one to send in and update the post.

Back