Yes, I love my 594

594 PARTY! :cool:

Glorious! I play the same head on a 2x12" recto, with the 594, I know them feels.

My WL Artist BFF:

tsYKKgU.jpg

dJrbirz.jpg

cmxLdol.jpg

A little grime and all, and a fleck of lint... something. Makes me miss Polaroids sometimes. :D

68O94ot.gif

Sheesh, that neck is just begging to be played.

Laguna screen magic! :D

During summer 2017 with the haze from the nasty wildfires in eastern WA

GAH, never again, especially after this last summer.

I remember that one though -- probably the same day I had ashes falling out of the sky on my car. :mad:

GAH, never again, especially after this last summer.

I remember that one though -- probably the same day I had ashes falling out of the sky on my car. :mad:
I think last summer (2018) was worse - like snow falling some days. Hopefully no huge wildfires in 2019!

I think last summer (2018) was worse - like snow falling some days. Hopefully no huge wildfires in 2019!

That got so weird! I didn't see ash falling here (Richland) but there was one day during those fires last summer that the dew point got up to something like 68 degrees. Heat and smoke did that somehow? I didn't even know that was possible, but I suddenly had water condensing on pipes in my computer lab, which was never supposed to happen.

That got so weird! I didn't see ash falling here (Richland) but there was one day during those fires last summer that the dew point got up to something like 68 degrees. Heat and smoke did that somehow? I didn't even know that was possible, but I suddenly had water condensing on pipes in my computer lab, which was never supposed to happen.
Weird indeed! Never been out to Tri Cities. Went out to the Gorge a few times, saw Grand Coulee Dam and Dry Falls once. Need to get out there one of these days.

594s are awesome! I use mine for alot of stuff, i even love it for metal! The LT pickups seem against the code for a "metal' pickup, but i find that they give a whole lot of articulation and thickness! They just do everything very well. SC vs DC..yea they are both great and both different!

I think its because of the 'LT', the not so 'Hot' Pick-ups that people wrongly think that these guitars cannot do metal. Metal started before after market Pick-ups and using lower output stock Pick-ups. The Les Paul that Peter Green/Gary Moore owned (Greeny) gets played by Kirk Hammet live on quite a few songs. I bet that isn't particularly 'Hot' Pick ups.

Hot Pick-ups can be difficult to get good cleans as they drive an Amp to break-up and I find them a little less versatile in general. Lower output guitars can be used for any style - if you want 'metal' there are Pedals and Amps with high gain channels that work perfectly well with lower output Pick-ups to get the 'metal' sound.

Agreed. My 594 played on my Diezel and Engl amps creates an amazingly responsive metal tone. Everything played is heard with detail. My PRS floyd with metal pickups in contrast does sound great, but doesn't have the depth, the \m/ pickups have a thinner sizzle tone that is expected from a good metal style pickup. I've been doing studio work for christian, punk, metal, some new style country song (who knows where it fits lol), my 594 has been a foundational guitar in doing all those jobs.

The clarity of the 58/15 LT's - even with high gain - is something I love about the 594. It has the versatility to cover any genre especially with the coil splits option adding more variety too. I don't really have a favourite guitar but I still wouldn't get rid of my 594 - not even if/when I get another 594 - the Hollowbody version is what is giving me seriously GAS. I have the Hollowbody II with 58/15 LT's in as well and can do Metal on this too if I wanted so I have no doubts a HB 594 can as well.

Its such a great and versatile instrument - no wonder its so popular with every musician that has tried/owned one. Bryan Ewald says its his 'Desert Island' guitar - high praise from a Strat player and someone who has played every PRS model. We all know John Mayer loves it too...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp0asbiniU-/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs7PW7dHpKa/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

594s are awesome! I use mine for alot of stuff, i even love it for metal! The LT pickups seem against the code for a "metal' pickup, but i find that they give a whole lot of articulation and thickness! They just do everything very well. SC vs DC..yea they are both great and both different!

I know this is a thread about 594s, but that faded blue custom 24 is just stunning.

Damn, that

D@mn, that is one hot guitar! You should be able to post the pics. Can’t access on my mobile, but you should have an option to share the link as BBCode.

Essentially, what you need is the link to the jpg, not the imgur page. It all depends on how you get to the pics. In Safari, I right-clicked and picked Copy Image Address, but that doesn't always work. In your case, if you post your links and add .jpg, you should get the pictures - that's what the copy gave me for your first pic.

34QWrd1.jpg

Back