Yes, I know I'm whining......

Bumping this because I got an update on delivery time this weekend....

I've been playing over 20 years (yikes!!!), but still take lessons every Saturday. My lessons are at the shop where I ordered my guitar. I walked in on Saturday, and the manager said, "Hey, the PRS rep was here recently and he was able to give me an update on delivery schedules." I'm all excited thinking something good is about to happen. Then the manager says, "He said to expect a November delivery for your order." Ugh.... That's a one year wait for the instrument. I ordered it last November. Sigh.....

The biggest bummer is I KNOW I'm going to find something else I want to buy before November. Man, GAS is a terrible thing.
I have started to adopt a YOLO attitude. :D

I feel your pain. The waiting is torture.

I've got a Custom 24 in Trampas Green on order. Ordered 1st of February and I'm expecting another 8 months or so before I actually have it in my hands.

It looks like we're all waiting for guitars. Mine was ordered 4 Dec. The 'expected' day keeps shifting backwards. At least we have other guitars meanwhile.

My shop gave me an expected day as well....sort of. He said, "Expect it here in November." It's all good (mostly). It is a guitar I plan on keeping for a LONG time. I have an acoustic I waited for 3 years to get. So, a longer wait isn't too much of a bad thing given I plan on keeping this one for a while. The down side I have other guitars that "come and go".

My current electric collection is relatively stable. However, I bought an American Elite Strat (used) a couple of months ago. Now I have three Strats (SSS, HSS and Fishman Triple Play). Do I really need 3 Strats? The HSS is an American Special. You know a Vela may give a similar tone. I played a Vela this weekend and it "quacked" like a Strat. Sigh.......

GAS is a Helluva drug......:p

Ya, that's a nice guitar you're expecting... but I'm four months away from RETIREMENT... so while I'm dragging my sorry ass into the office for another 16 weeks, you get no sympathy from me... :(

(yes, I know I'm whinging)

Last edited:
Ya, that's a nice guitar you're expecting... but I'm four months away from RETIREMENT... so while I'm dragging my sorry ass into the office for another 16 weeks, you get no sympathy from me... :(

Congrats on the impending free time!

Now THAT is worth waiting for!! Congrats.

Back