Yes, I care about you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tucson Thump, Mar 3, 2020.

  1. sergiodeblanc

    sergiodeblanc “Evil” Sergio. You can tell by the goatee

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2012
    Messages:
    23,163
    Likes Received:
    42,195
    Life goals.
     
    veinbuster, WA Paul, ScottR and 2 others like this.
  2. 11top

    11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2012
    Messages:
    9,372
    Likes Received:
    28,614
    I keep guitars around for fire wood until spring.
     
  3. jxe

    jxe babe en der wood

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,461
    Likes Received:
    4,246
    fast food tacos: are these still safe?
     
  4. Tucson Thump

    Tucson Thump Mint Heavy Relic

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2017
    Messages:
    2,194
    Likes Received:
    4,106
    $20 at Taco Bell is one of the healthiest meals out there ..... kind of
     
  5. DreamTheaterRules

    DreamTheaterRules Julie's back!

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2013
    Messages:
    8,710
    Likes Received:
    15,780
    DTR’s tips to avoid the virus:

    1) Wash your hands
    2) Don't suck your thumb
    3) Don't pick your nose

    Thank you
     
    ScottR and veinbuster like this.
  6. DreamTheaterRules

    DreamTheaterRules Julie's back!

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2013
    Messages:
    8,710
    Likes Received:
    15,780
    As long as no one with the virus sneezed or coughed on it.
    (this only implies safety from the virus, and not safety from mad horse disease)
     
  7. Tucson Thump

    Tucson Thump Mint Heavy Relic

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2017
    Messages:
    2,194
    Likes Received:
    4,106
    I can tell you listened to a lot of Gary Burbank when you were growing up
     
    #27 Tucson Thump, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    DreamTheaterRules likes this.
  8. sergiodeblanc

    sergiodeblanc “Evil” Sergio. You can tell by the goatee

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2012
    Messages:
    23,163
    Likes Received:
    42,195
    All things my son has no concept of.
     
  9. Alnus Rubra

    Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2017
    Messages:
    15,343
    Likes Received:
    30,456
    So can I pick me nose as long as no one else sneezes over it!
     
    ScottR likes this.
  10. jak3af3r

    jak3af3r Jake

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2018
    Messages:
    659
    Likes Received:
    1,645
    We're fine. We technically live in Franklin, TN just south of Nashville.

    My parents live in between east Nashville and Mt. Juliet where a bunch of houses were destroyed. They're fine with no damage but got pieces of other people's house in their yard.

    My wife and I are currently stuck in traffic trying to get out of town to see her family and take our factory tour. We may be here a while.
     
    Alnus Rubra, ScottR and bodia like this.
  11. AP515

    AP515 Mostly Normal

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2012
    Messages:
    3,885
    Likes Received:
    4,951
    So all kidding aside, and not from a position of fear, but it really is a good idea to have an emergency supply of important things for times like the virus and the tornadoes that are in the news. Have a 72 hour kit for things like the tornadoes and have about a 3 month supply of food, water, first aid, and fuel to make it past longer term problems. If you end up having to go mobile like in times of a flood, the 72 hour kit should be in a back pack and the preppers call it a Bug-out-kit. Sure give a person a feeling of calm when he knows he doesn't have to run to the store to get supplies like the majority do.
     
  12. veinbuster

    veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2012
    Messages:
    12,743
    Likes Received:
    21,033
    So you don’t stuff the virus you picked up from the bathroom sink into it?
     
  13. bodia

    bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2015
    Messages:
    26,422
    Likes Received:
    45,456
    Good to hear. Have fun! The factory tour is the sh!t.....safe travels.
     
    Bill SAS 513 and Alnus Rubra like this.
  14. DreamTheaterRules

    DreamTheaterRules Julie's back!

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2013
    Messages:
    8,710
    Likes Received:
    15,780
    NO! You can pick your nose as long as you wash your hands first and wear rubber rubber gloves. Pay attention! :p And no kissing!
     
    Warmart likes this.
  15. Alnus Rubra

    Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2017
    Messages:
    15,343
    Likes Received:
    30,456
    The rubber gloves?!
     
    bodia likes this.
  16. LSchefman

    LSchefman Hears Tones

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2012
    Messages:
    26,953
    Likes Received:
    30,002
    for someone like me, with both of the 10-15% death risk factors, the chances of recovery come down to about 85%. That’s not very good, as far as I’m concerned.

    If someone said to me, “Hey Les, you only have a 15% chance of this airplane crashing,” I wouldn’t get on it.

    So yeah, I’m taking more precautions than most. After all, I have a McCarty on order, and need to live to see it!! ;)


    “So, um, Les, what precautions exactly are you taking?”

    “I’m looking on Amazon for a Bubble to live in. Not seeing one yet, but not giving up.”
     
    #36 LSchefman, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  17. veinbuster

    veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2012
    Messages:
    12,743
    Likes Received:
    21,033
    Interestingly, I have been spammed with bubbles the last two days. They are too small for me, my amp and my favourite guitars though.
     
  18. alantig

    alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2012
    Messages:
    12,021
    Likes Received:
    22,319
    Have you met my parents?
     
    WA Paul, bodia, Tucson Thump and 2 others like this.
  19. LSchefman

    LSchefman Hears Tones

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2012
    Messages:
    26,953
    Likes Received:
    30,002
    I‘m thinking a miserable death by plague might put more of a damper on my guitar fun than living in the bubble.
     
    WA Paul, bodia, ScottR and 1 other person like this.
  20. CandidPicker

    CandidPicker Energized

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2019
    Messages:
    4,464
    Likes Received:
    4,464
    And no tongues!
     
    DreamTheaterRules likes this.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice