YES!!! Got a phone call today....

markd21

*UPDATE on the CE24 Dustie Waring refinish project

Got a phone call from Marty Bell today regarding further details on the refin of the DW CE24. Our initial phone conversation left it that I would just get the whole guitar painted in Brilliant Fuchsia Glitter. Marty wasn't sure about the natural binding and such. Well, he's ready to start the body....

Or conversation went something like this (not exactly word-for-word):

Me: "Hello?"

Marty: "Mark? It's Marty Bell."

Me: "Yeah! Hey, what's going on?!"

Marty: "Getting ready to start the PRS. If I remember right I kind of discouraged you from doing the top in glitter, utilizing the natural binding and doing the back black. Well, after looking at this, that binding looks great - it's very bright and evenly colored. It really looks like regular plastic binding. Forget what I said...let's do the top in Fuchsia Glitter and the back in gloss black, keeping the natural binding!"

Me: "Yeah?!?! Cool!!!"

From there we discussed price. The phone call ended with him letting me know he'd be in touch in about a week. I'm PUMPED!!!!

Here's a refresher on the color scheme:

In the meantime, here are some pics of the parts I have grabbed to make the guitar more "customized" to my desires....

Here's what I grabbed...

* Chrome S2 locking tuners - they were a direct drop for the satin black tuners that came on the guitar.

* A German-made, "Original" Floyd Rose "1984" Limited Edition tremolo. This bridge is like the original Floyds Kramer distributed in the '80s. It has a screw in arm, wood screw fulcrum attachments (I'll be using the stock black ones).

* Paul Reed Smith 57/08 Treble and Bass pickups

I really think this guitar is going to go from "Meh" to "F-YEAH!!!!!".

More updates as they arrive. Debating doing an "unboxing" and "assembly" video for my YouTube Channel. Thoughts?

Thanks, guys! Yeah, this one is gonna be fun.

I still need to grab a couple parts - a 32mm Brass "Big Block" for the Floyd, and some pickup rings. I can't decide, though - black or crème? Black'll look good, but crème is just SOOO decidedly PRS that I can't imagine the guitar with anything BUT crème rings. Opinions????

I still need to grab a couple parts - a 32mm Brass "Big Block" for the Floyd, and some pickup rings. I can't decide, though - black or crème? Black'll look good, but crème is just SOOO decidedly PRS that I can't imagine the guitar with anything BUT crème rings. Opinions????
Tough one... hmmm...
I vote crème

Chrome....

....just throwing it in there!

Black birds, black headstock so black rings. Creme would make the rings a focal point. That's a fun project you have going there.

I'm all about that color. I was going to do a Tele that way but settled on HUGE purple flakes instead.

Cool! Yeah, this should have some pretty big flakes - not HUGE, but big. Marty is the guy that paints G&L's flake-finished guitars, and those are pretty spectacular. I am really looking forward to this getting done....

Back