Yep, this just happened!

Bowtiefanatc

Confirmed Bird Snob
Well I thought that I was strong enough to resist, but a buddy of mine just bought a super nice 408 and I just followed suit!

The pictures are incredible of those beauty and I hope that it looks as good or better in person. So surprised that this didn't get a 10 top designation too. Oh well, it will be welcomed by my 2 CU24s :)

Next week needs to hurry up and get here!!!

Wow, I would have thought that was at least a 10-top, even Artist Grade. And that color / burst is quite outstanding!

btw, being a bow tie fanatic apparently, what are your thoughts on fezzes? (Points to anyone who gets the reference!)

Well to be honest the "bow tie" refers to classic Chevy's.

I was seriously surprised that it wasn't a 10 Top, neither is my friend's that he got. They are both 2012's too

Fantastic. There's too much drop off for it to be a 10. At the angle it's at in the pics to see the figure on the treble side, the bass side figure fades out.

Don't take it as a knock at all. It's freaking gorgeous. I like tops like that. I think they're more interesting because they change depending on the light and angle.

None taken, it's simply gorgeous and I'm beyond excited to be its new owner. Next week can't get here soon enough!

Wow, I would have thought that was at least a 10-top, even Artist Grade. And that color / burst is quite outstanding!

btw, being a bow tie fanatic apparently, what are your thoughts on fezzes? (Points to anyone who gets the reference!)

Fezzes are cool! Even without the fish fingers and custard!

Dude - awesome guitar! I love Makenna Blue, and knowing how that stuff photographs, that quilt has got to positively liquid in person.

408s are fabulous - you're going to have a blast with it. Can't tell if that's a RW neck from the pics, but if it is, even better - it's a dynamite combination.

Doesn't appear to be a rosewood nevk. What's amazing is the top has so much quilt, yet my Brazilian is a 10 top but this one isn't

Based on the pics, I think you're going to have a beauty on your hands. The Tremonti I grabbed last year was a Makenna Blue non-10. On the stand on the table, it didn't look like anything all that special. But when I picked it up and moved it around, the flame really changed based on the angle of the light. That bit by the bridge on the bass side where it looks like it washes out? I'll bet it pops pretty good from straight on.

Back