Yeah, Yeah!! Modern Eagle V on the way!

markd21

SUPER pumped. Dave's is sending out my ME5 today. I can't WAIT to get my hands on this guitar. This year was going to be my first Private Stock order, which was going to be the Brent Mason electronics dropped into a Semi-Hollow Custom 22 (basically). The ME5 is giving me pretty much what I want but with a solid body, and MUCH cheaper.

I'll post my own pics when it arrives. I am also going to do a very in-depth video review. But, in the meantime, here are the pics from Dave's internet advert and the close-ups I asked them to take for me....

I have to be honest...I am not too thrilled about the top. It seems a little too "full of character". But I am kind of picky. What do you guys think?

image000002

image000001

image000000

image000003

image000004

image000005

Dude, I am super stoked for you! Glad you could make this work. And, for the record, I LOVE that top! Can't wait for the review vid!

Dude, I am super stoked for you! Glad you could make this work. And, for the record, I LOVE that top! Can't wait for the review vid!

Thanks man. I was stunned at how fast these were going. I am beyond thrilled to have grabbed one.

The top is growing on me. I am sure that when I see it in person it'll be killer like my P22 - which has a unique 10-top also.

The video is going to be fun to make. It's going to be intensive going through all the combos with different amps, but I think it'll help people when these hit the used market or become regular Core instruments.

Congrats. I remember that one well as I had to resist getting it as it was one of the better tops and necks I had seen on those.

I am SOOOOOOO curious how the middle pickup sounds. One of my favorite sounds on the Brent Mason was the middle pickup. I could get it to be very throaty. I still want to grab another Mason because it is so killer, but this ME might make that a redundant purchase....

What say you ME5 owners?? How do you like the single coil? What would you say it sounds like?

I felt the same way about my ME V - The top is nice but I've seen much nicer ones. However, the sounds you get out of the guitar are awesome.

ihXLTfe.jpg

LOVE it!!!! How would you say the single coil sounds? Is it fat, harsh? Thin?

To be honest, I've been mostly playing on the single coils. Sounds fat and full. Really close to my DGT when its tapped, which I think are the best humbucker to single coil pickups there are.

First, that's stunning - congrats!

Second, that's 100% my kind of top. I actually prefer quirky, oddly figured grain patterns rather than perfect book-matches. Had I seen that one before I bought mine... :D

Third, oh man you are in for a good ride with that guitar. The sounds I get from mine are amazingly great, I've been writing and recording a bunch since mine arrived and I'm really happy with how it sounds in the room and records in my DAW. It's really inspiring to me, hopefully you'll have the same experience.

Enjoy!

No two curly tops are the same. I think the intricate details of curly wood are part of its beauty and character, and your particular top is gorgeous. If you want a more bespoke, higher grade "perfect" look, consider it a $5K up-charge. I don't think you'll feel it once you play it.

Back