Yeah, so six years ago today...this happened.

I'll say it again...you guys are f@&kin awesome!

I worked in the motorcycle business for the bettter part of twenty years. I was also an instuctor with the M.S.F, for almost seven of those years. So, when I say I have seen some gnarly stuff! I'm not exaggerating...none.

I lost a great friend, John Myers. He was a three time NHRA World and three time AMA Pro Stock Drag Bike Champion. Not to mention one of the greatest guys you'll ever meet. World class rider, but he got in over his head, hit a guardrail and died 30 yards in front of me. Two weeks later, on a memorial ride for him, I lost a second friend that was hit by a drunk driver.

After countless funerals, benefit rides and preaching "Safety First" like a I was a TV evangelist. I go and get pitched 43 feet, into oncoming traffic...uh, I mean...after "flying" into oncoming traffic and surviving the sloppy landing...yeah, that sounds better. I decided quick, fast and in a hurry...I had ridden for the last time.

I do miss it. But the passion I put into motorcycles had to be put somewhere..right? That's how/why I ended up here...still winning!

Ultimately, I'm just glad to be here with some of the coolest folks I have ever had the honor of calling my friends.

Much love to all of you guys!

Last edited:
Dude! Doctors in Alabama were able to fix that kind of injury??:p

Glad to have you around here!

Oh yeah, at UAB Hospital. They are the sh!t! I mean, six surgeries later...it still looks like the X-ray. But hey I'm just stoked that it's still connected to the rest of me...kinda.;)

U.A.B is the sh!t! Not only did the kinda fix the shoulder, but they fixed up the seven spiral fractures in my humerus, six broken ribs, fractured sternum, a puctured lung and three fractured vertebrae, and a fractured pelvis.
I would have shared the x-ray of the lower stuff, but it's NSFA (anybody) you can clearly see my junk. Nobody needs that kinda negativity in their life. :eek:o_O;)

Thanks bro...I'm glad to be around here as well!

Oh yeah, at UAB Hospital. They are the sh!t! I mean, six surgeries later...it still looks like the X-ray. But hey I'm just stoked that it's still connected to the rest of me...kinda.;)

U.A.B is the sh!t! Not only did the kinda fix the shoulder, but they fixed up the seven spiral fractures in my humerus, six broken ribs, fractured sternum, a puctured lung and three fractured vertebrae, and a fractured pelvis.
I would have shared the x-ray of the lower stuff, but it's NSFA (anybody) you can clearly see my junk. Nobody needs that kinda negativity in their life. :eek:o_O;)

Thanks bro...I'm glad to be around here as well!

I’ll vouch for this. I’ve seen the xrays and Scott is the 6 million dollar man... minus the bionic replacement parts. I’m just sayin’ they eat a lot of fried chicken down south. No coincedence that some of the bone grafts were a bit fowl. The main side effect being some unbelievably oval bowel movements...

I’ll vouch for this. I’ve seen the xrays and Scott is the 6 million dollar man... minus the bionic replacement parts. I’m just sayin’ they eat a lot of fried chicken down south. No coincedence that some of the bone grafts were a bit fowl. The main side effect being some unbelievably oval bowel movements...

Yeah, I wanted Dr. Oscar Goldman...Nope! I got Dr. Here Holdma Beer...I'm relatively sure I remember hearing "Nurse! I need some Super Glue and some Duct Tape!" STAT!!!!

I'll say it again...you guys are f@&kin awesome!

I worked in the motorcycle business for the bettter part of twenty years. I was also an instuctor with the M.S.F, for almost seven of those years. So, when I say I have seen some gnarly stuff! I'm not exaggerating...none.

I lost a great friend, John Myers. He was a three time NHRA World and three time AMA Pro Stock Drag Bike Champion. Not to mention one of the greatest guys you'll ever meet. World class rider, but he got in over his head, hit a guardrail and died 30 yards in front of me. Two weeks later, on a memorial ride for him, I lost a second friend that was hit by a drunk driver.

After countless funerals, benefit rides and preaching "Safety First" like a I was a TV evangelist. I go and get pitched 43 feet, into oncoming traffic...uh, I mean...after "flying" into oncoming traffic and surviving the sloppy landing...yeah, that sounds better. I decided quick, fast and in a hurry...I had ridden for the last time.

I do miss it. But the passion I put into motorcycles had to be put somewhere..right? That's how/why I ended up here...still winning!

Ultimately, I'm just glad to be here with some of the coolest folks I have ever had the honor of calling my friends.

Much love to all of you guys!

Stories like this (mostly from my dad) are the reason I don't ride.

Do you still watch NHRA? They're in Vegas going side by side by side by side 4-wide.

I went Friday after work, all day yesterday, and I'll be there all day today:D:p:D

I love it so much. I'm trying to get a job working on Nitro cars.
The schisty part is that if I do get on a team, I'll have to give up guitar all together.:(

18 hour days in the shop
Endless days driving the transporter
100+ hour weekends at the track:D

It's not a job. It's a lifestyle

Scott, man...it does my heart well to know you have perspective from these experiences. And you use it to lift a lot of people up around here. That’s your gift to us. Thank you!

A friend of mine had a similar experience and he’s currently staring at the corner of the hospital room, sucking air, and that’s it...3 years later. My half-empty cup of coffee knows more about its existence. You hit the flippin’ lottery and aren’t blowing it on hookers and slot machines. I second Sergio’s sentiments.

Scott, man...it does my heart well to know you have perspective from these experiences. And you use it to lift a lot of people up around here. That’s your gift to us. Thank you!

A friend of mine had a similar experience and he’s currently staring at the corner of the hospital room, sucking air, and that’s it...3 years later. My half-empty cup of coffee knows more about its existence. You hit the flippin’ lottery and aren’t blowing it on hookers and slot machines. I second Sergio’s sentiments.

Tell me more about these hooks of which you speak...o_O

There's lakes around here with trout in em. I need a good hook

Back