Yeah, I'll spam you with HDRX 20 sounds - this time humbuckers, and Horsemeat!

andy474x

Knows the Drill
I have no shame. Another HDRX 20 clip here.

Figuring out how to get this dialed in was more difficult, not because the amp is difficult, more because I just had to mentally figure some things out and apply them. Now that I've done it, it actually works great and I'm flying through getting great tones!

The amp can be quite fat with humbuckers if one isn't careful with the gain controls. Being mindful of that, and also leveraging the bright switch on the treble channel, produced probably the best tones I've had with the 594 to date, and these are exactly the sounds I was after in buying the guitar! The trick is to turn the bright switch on (only affects the treble channel), and then balance the treble and bass channels to get the right amount of sparkle from that very glassy treble channel. Usually meaning treble channel set to about 1/3 to 1/2 of where the bass channel is.

The other part, on the guitar, was selecting both pickups, turning the neck down to about 5/6, and then using the bridge pickup volume control only. As the bridge comes down, and the neck pickup starts to have more sound blended in, it balances for the tone thinning out, and vice versa, as the bridge pickup volume starts to dominate, it compensates for how fat the amp gets, but doesn't get as blaring in the mids as the bridge pickup alone. Very easy to get spanky clean tones and 60's crunch tones just with a spin of the bridge volume control.

I know, I know - probably an old trick for the, uhh... vintage folks here. But, for those like me, it's a whole new thing!

This clip was into an open 1x12 with an Alnico Cream (traditional pairings be damned), with a blend of the room mic, and a PR20 on the cab. And, as a bonus, a nice boost from the Horsemeat at the end!

Sounds righteous.

I know, I know - probably an old trick for the, uhh... vintage folks here.

On behalf of all...erm...'vintage folks' (a.k.a 'old f#cks') please allow me to congratulate you on:

1. New amp; and,

2. Learning the vintage style guitar operating procedure; and,

3. I am jealous of your youth and excellent looks. Dammit.

Last edited:
H7MigVk.jpg

Just opened - played 10 min.

Using humbuckers. jb in lp and super dist in strat

Im at really quiet levels on the MV but it sounds really fuzzy w the channels up past noon.

TMB all at 1 oclock.

Concerning enough i put the guitars down and popped online.

Back