Yeah, Always With The Studio Tools...

László

Too Many Notes
So I finally got around to putting up the additional RealTrap minitraps that I had planned to create an "L" for the front and rear corners to really improve bass trapping ...now the plan is to order standoff brackets to install behind the traps to space them out from the wall an inch or two to increase absorption to the max:

And added a gobotrap for the guitar amp area to create more isolation for the amps and to be able to crank 'em a bit more to get that juicy power tube thing happening:

Bottom line, this stuff just works.

Last edited:
Looking good in there Les. How's the Fulltone tape echo?

How's the Fulltone tape echo?

The sound and build quality are both awesome. It has the Echoplex vibe, the tone of the preamp is gorgeous, and it sounds huge.

The best digital emulations do a great job of course, so this isn't a product for everyone. Digital delays sound different, but are also very good things.

But none of the digital Echoplex emulations achieve the tone of the preamp or the tape saturation this thing has in spades. So if you crave "that sound" this is the way to get it. If you don't feel like dealing with the separate box, the tape, etc., then obviously the Strymon or Eventide do a great job.

The tube preamp, combined with the tube preamp on a guitar amp, just impact the tone in the most lovely way. And the controls operate smoothly, the unit is very easy to work with assuming the owner understands basic tape technology.

Still waiting on clips....:beer:

Dude, I don't remember what clips you're waiting for. LOL. Sorry! I've been a busy MF.

Les is this the one you have?
I remember messing around with Randy Hanson's Echoplex back around '74 or so.
Such a sweet machine it was.

Yes, you got it, that's the one!

They are sweet. Not the easiest solution, but they do have a unique vibe!

Dude, I don't remember what clips you're waiting for. LOL. Sorry! I've been a busy MF.

LOL...I'm busting you Les...

When you posted an update of your "newest" pedal board some of us asked for sound clips. Your response was something about only recording if you have a work order, so I offered a beer at the Anniversary event as a "work order". I was trying to extend the gag ...:redface:

LOL...I'm busting you Les...

When you posted an update of your "newest" pedal board some of us asked for sound clips. Your response was something about only recording if you have a work order, so I offered a beer at the Anniversary event as a "work order". I was trying to extend the gag ...:redface:

Ohhh! Doh!

No problem actually, I plan on doing some clips over the next few days with the pedalboard, the tape echo, and the HXDA30.

Back