Y'all see this one yet? A half-fretless PRS SE Custom 24..?

Saw it in my You Tube feed. Haven't watched it yet. Gonna have to now!

That’s really cool.
I would have to tap into my long-lost violin skills and techniques for this one. That’s the type of vibrato you need for this. Kind of like a circular movement.
Those faux-slide sounds are just fantastic.

Cool! When I read the title, I thought maybe it was fretted for three strings, and three were fretless. The way it was actually done makes much more sense.

Love this! I'm intrigued by fretless guitars, but I feel like I need to have at least a quarter of the skill of Guthrie Govan to make it work. And I don't.

I always wanted a half-fretless bass guitar, but never though of a half-fretless guitar.

You know, I'm surprised nobody has made reference yet to the Scott Ian anti-noodling-guitar-solo guitar:

Scott-Ian.jpg

The way Paul interacts with people in moments like these is one of the reasons that makes me happy to be able to own a PRS while the brand's founder is alive, healthy and creative.
Yes, this. PRSh comes across in every single interaction as an honestly nice, creative, strong-willed, fun guy. My wife and I met him at Experience 2018, and she was blown away by his "presence" and friendly demeanor. He is one of those people that commands a room by just entering it, but is not a jerk about it.

Back