Y’all got to see this!

Wow, so cool! 13 years ago when I moved to the property I now live on, I had a similar idea and it still remains in my head and I still hope to do it some day (and your project is an inspiration to pursue it)!! Rather than a sculpture, I want to carve a chair into a stump, that I can relax in and feel the connection to the earth!!! We have several trees on the property that are candidates, and even have some stumps that are still 5 feet tall (iron wood) that could work, but the location of the current stumps is not ideal, so I am waiting on doing it to one of the others here on property!!!! We might do a pair of chairs with two stumps that are relatively close together!!!!!

Congrats on a killer project and thanks for sharing it with us!!

I looked into carving the stump of the big spruce I had to cut down this spring. The follow I wanted to do it said spruce was questionable. I’d have to leave it for a year to see how it dried before he could determine how viable it was. I just kept some great big discs for a walking path and mulched all the branches to make a path through the woods to the river.

Back