XPRS13 One Week Post-OP

Hate to admit, but still working on the whole "posting pictures" thing...will get it though, and yes, It's my favorite SAS of my brood!

just out of curiousity, you said brad whitford was at the friday jam session. i was sitting in the amp room waiting for brad whitford to come in when it was announced he would not be making it because of a family emergency, much to my DISSAPOINTMENT and everyone elses. i was at the friday jam until 8:00 pm and there was no brad whitford. did he show up after that or were we at 2 different events?

Alan - my impression of Alan if 'that happy guy.' I don't think I ever saw anything less than at least a grin on his face, even when we lost in the foosball tourney by 1 goal when I subbed for Vaughn. Alan, you are just a great guy to be around.

Great to meet you, too, Bill - although my wife is going to wonder who you were really hanging with! (In fairness, last year she did say to me "You're like a completely different person down here.")

BTW, in case you don't check PMs regularly, sending you a PM shortly...

Awesome to meet you Bill! Sorry if I didn't let you talk, I find myself extremely interesting.:redface:

We just try to interject every 40 minutes or so when you inhale.

'Great time as usual but we all missed Tony and Bernie - The jams were really a blast - Really up a notch from last year. What "up picking" video are you looking for? I'll see if one of the "knuckleheads" might have something.

I had a bit of disappointment when I saw that some of the performers from years past weren't going to be there, but I have to say, even though I felt their absence, it didn't take away from the weekend. I used to wonder how guys went to this thing and didn't go to clinics and demos. This year, I attended less of that stuff than ever. Nicky - great as always, and every single person I heard talk about the jam tent was over the moon at how you guys supported them.

And if anyone doubts that geese is the man, they didn't see him wielding his pen and calculator app at dinner. I thought I was quick at math - not sure about that any more!

And if anyone doubts that geese is the man, they didn't see him wielding his pen and calculator app at dinner. I thought I was quick at math - not sure about that any more!

As sick as it sounds, I actually got a kick out of splitting everyones bill that night. I'm going to have to post a picture of the placemat I did the calculations on. Nerd alert!!

Vaughn - the Forum Fitness impulse that Hans started continues in this thread: The-Forum-Fitness-Thread. Post your heaviest weight in 2013 and join us!

I tried to fill your shoes at the foosball throwdown, but Alan and I still game up 1 goal short....
Maybe when I make the commitment to myself to actually try to lose weight:)
Sounds like you did better than I did in round 1, so good job!

just out of curiousity, you said brad whitford was at the friday jam session. i was sitting in the amp room waiting for brad whitford to come in when it was announced he would not be making it because of a family emergency, much to my DISSAPOINTMENT and everyone elses. i was at the friday jam until 8:00 pm and there was no brad whitford. did he show up after that or were we at 2 different events?

I was further back than usual for me, it was hard to see the stage. I thought he was there, but maybe he wasn't....

Nicky - great as always, and every single person I heard talk about the jam tent was over the moon at how you guys supported them.

This +1000
Nicky and the Jam Band are sooooo versatile - they can back any musical style with style! I particularly liked when they would do 8 bars of the song they just finished as the next jammer made their way to the stage. It was like a little reprise of every song!

I'm teasing Nicky about his picking - only because I'm sure he could down pick many times faster than I can even alternate pick. He makes metal downpickers look slow!

Last edited:
Ruger,
I'm new around here..but those were really nice words and from the heart.
It was a good read and I really hope to make next year's Experience.
I also hope to bring my wife's uncle down with me as a gift to him and treat him to this weekend. He is alifelong musician and the inspiration for me picking up the guitar three years ago.
I also hope to meet you and some of the PRS Forum 'family'.

This is the vibe that I get around here..A bunch of brothers and sisters whom I have yet to meet.

Take care.
Todd.

Ruger,
I also hope to bring my wife's uncle down with me as a gift to him and treat him to this weekend. He is alifelong musician and the inspiration for me picking up the guitar three years ago.

This is the vibe that I get around here..A bunch of brothers and sisters whom I have yet to meet.

Take care.
Todd.

Thanks, Todd.

I mean every word of it and more. I've been on my share of forums and bulletin boards, etc., but this one is truly different. Never before have I seen such mutual support. Questions here are answered honestly, but not brutally. People even go out of their way and look stuff up if they don't know the answers off hand!

There are members here that are PRS employees, including Paul. The company cares. It shows and is infectious. Look at the Forum Truss Rod Cover - that is actually an amazing investment in time away from whatever PRS's production plans were at the time, but they did the design tweaking, tooling and run anyway!

Look at the pay it forward threads. People are mailing stuff back and forth all over the place and no money is changing hands. And not just the members. The factory and the dealers are just giving stuff away.... Brian of Brian's Guitars donated a korina singlecut to the forum to kickstart Sergio's community hug!

Look at how people were carpooling and picking people up at the airport (I'm looking at YOU, JustRob). Jamie bought Hans and me a round of sporting clays... Jessie was handing out shirts and dinners for a tab counting contest. Markie takes JustSteven into THE VAULT for the thrill of his life. Sergio bought beer for anyone. Hans helped us all get skinnier. There are so many more examples - you can see them in the other threads here.

When you look at the whole of it - it is something very special.

I really do hope you can come down for the XPRS14 and bring your uncle-in-law with you. You are both guaranteed to have a blast.

Bill

Last edited:
Ruger,

Take care.
Todd.

Always room for more, Todd. Make your wife's uncle a deal - you'll pay for admission to Experience if he picks up the hotel room costs. :wink:

(Exp is free if you register before the deadline.)

As sick as it sounds, I actually got a kick out of splitting everyones bill that night. I'm going to have to post a picture of the placemat I did the calculations on. Nerd alert!!

Damn straight!

My wife got the biggest kick out of your comment that you never imagined going to Experience to talk about Doctor Who. They have a ComiCon here this weekend - with a Tardis. I think I'm going.

And we watched the finale of Broadchurch - nice ending without feeling like it was a cheat on the story.

The other problem is knowing for certain who/whom you just met! In a bigger group there were lots of hand shake exchanges and first names bouncing around but the forum handles sometimes got mixed up. I'm sure we bumped into each other a few times Rugerpc but my swamped memory fails me.

Geese does indeed rule. ;) I really enjoyed hanging out Wednesday night wih you, JustRob, Jesse, Sergio, and Martysnarf. You boys outlasted the old guys! I laughed so much I hardly remember what we talked about.

Nicky, watching your effortless off-the-cuff playing is always one of my highlights. Thanks again for being there. :cool:

Last edited:
Is that you Nicky?

In all the vids and all the times I have watched you play, you are a furious downpicker, but I've never seen you up pick or alternate pick!

Regardless, your rock!
Really??? I couldn't play without alternate picking! Some of those vids are playin' tricks on you:biggrin:.

On Sunday Geese shows me this picture of a napkin or something with all these numbers on it. He has this epic grin on his face. I knew right away what it was having spent a number of days with him already. He's a math-oholic.

You know, you don't have to go to Experience to have an experience with your PRS, gentlemen.

And this is why I both love PRS and doing recording sessions on Bizarro World.

Can I get a fist pump and a "Yes!" ?

On Sunday Geese shows me this picture of a napkin or something with all these numbers on it. He has this epic grin on his face. I knew right away what it was having spent a number of days with him already. He's a math-oholic.

I am a living, walking stereotype :redface:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;104379 said:
Hey Rick, was that you in the top 4?
Don't quite know how I made it, but yes. There were a lot of great players tearin' it up at the Friday & Saturday jams!

Back