XPRS LTD 408 Semi Hollow Guitars, Whats your Take?

GTRMAV

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Just Curious what your thoughts about the XPRS Ltd 408 Semi Hollow Guitars introduced at the Experience have Been?
Anyone have a tone report or video they could share?

As mine for the store has only arrived in the last few days, I have not had time to play them yet.

Personally I think they would be a very versatile Guitars especially with the Trem. I met a Nashville player at the XPRS that travels with only one PRS guitar for his shows and all he takes is the Semi-Hollow Ltd Run with 57/08s from a few years ago. He told me it covers all the ground he needs and he also said he loves the 408 Pickups, and was excited about this new product.

I would love to hear someone's take as well. I own one of those CU22 Semi-Hollow LTDs and it is the best guitar I own hands down. I love the 408s and having that paired with a trem/semi-hollow configuration must be great.

I had a Semi Hollow Ltd also, foolishly sold it, and would love to have an Exp. SH408. Gotta be great with the 408 pickups plus the SH.

I was GAS free till I saw this 408 semi-hollow. PRS you are marketing Ninjas!

I'm interested in both these and the semi-hollow Custom 22. Haven't played either enough to report anything worth while.

I'm interested in both these and the semi-hollow Custom 22. Haven't played either enough to report anything worth while.

How about a semi hollow CU22 with a dirty 100 neck?

I really like the idea of the 408 semi hollow and expect it to be a great guitar. I'd have brought one home if I didn't have a semi hollow already.

How about a semi hollow CU22 with a dirty 100 neck?

I really like the idea of the 408 semi hollow and expect it to be a great guitar. I'd have brought one home if I didn't have a semi hollow already.

I'd play that.

My current PRS's are the CU22 semi-hollow Ltd and a Siggy Ltd. I would give the edge to the Siggy if forced to choose a favorite.

So - the XPRS 408 is interesting to me, I just which they had left the switching the same as the Sig Ltd... if they had, GTRMAV probably would not have one in stock. :p

I walked into Experience knowing that there wasn't a new PRS guitar I wanted, So when Rob and I walked onto the floor to meet Brian G for the Forum Guitar I just about lost it... First thing I saw was this guitar, it's like PRS knew exactly what to tempt me with! I hope this becomes a regular model as I'm not that crazy about the finish choices... VY, white, Gold top?

That would be awesome to see this become a production guitar. I love your color ideas too!!!!!

I walked into Experience knowing that there wasn't a new PRS guitar I wanted, So when Rob and I walked onto the floor to meet Brian G for the Forum Guitar I just about lost it... First thing I saw was this guitar, it's like PRS knew exactly what to tempt me with! I hope this becomes a regular model as I'm not that crazy about the finish choices... VY, white, Gold top?

I went into EXP2013 wanting either a HBII or a 408. It's like they were monitoring my internet searches. Only thing missing was the color I wanted. I like the black gold, but I want to LOVE the next one I get, even if I have to wait.

I purchased one at Expereience 2013 and I have to say as an owner of 4 other PRS guitars this is my fisrt Semi hollow body electric. I was a little hesitant at first but after i demoed the guitar on one of the many PRS amps i felt this 408 would lend itself to many different styles of music and different situations and after 2 weeks i am more impressed with the 408 pickups in combination with the semi hollow sound which comes through when playing more clean thamn dirty. Also, the weight of the instrument is perfect if your giging and standingt for long periods of time.

I went into EXP2013 wanting either a HBII or a 408. It's like they were monitoring my internet searches. Only thing missing was the color I wanted. I like the black gold, but I want to LOVE the next one I get, even if I have to wait.

What color did you want? I really liked the other color more than Black Gold.

What color did you want? I really liked the other color more than Black Gold.

i liked the one piece in the other color about equal to the black golds. Maybe it's something about the contrast with me, I dunno. Ideally? Some faded raspberry, Angry Larryish color. I'm in a blue, purplish red sort of mood lately.

He wants something prissy.

I'd love a Sergio Special but I don't think I could afford the liquor bill. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back