Xotic on Tuesday

Aubs

So excited. I ordered 4 Xotic pedals, be here on Tuesday. Two EPs, a SP, and an SL. Been listening to a lot of YouTube about these. If you have some experiences with these pedals to share, please do. May shorten my learning curve. Also recently bought a Mooer Rumble Drive. That took over a permanent spot on my board; gritty and smooth at the same time. Thanks!

Last edited:
I've had a few Xotic pedals, the EP, SP, and recently got the BB.

The EP adds a touch of character as well as a boost, and for some folks as you know, it's an "always on" pedal. The SP is the nicest compressor I've ever used, and the great thing about it is that you can blend in the uncompressed signal for a more natural sound. I didn't find it necessary to have the EP and the SP on the board at the same time, but then I'm not into having too many choices at once.

The BB gives a nice Marshall kind of tone to the signal, compresses it a bit once you get the gain knob up around noon or more, etc.

All great pedals. I generally only use a delay, but I spend more time watching/listening to pedal reviews than any other piece of gear. The Xotic stuff is awesome. Simon McBride is one of my favorite players lately and he's rocking 4 Xotic pedals on one of his boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks you two. I am looking forward to a lot of experimentation next week. Interesting on the video how closely the SL emulated the sound of the amps drive channel. Want to experiment with one EP before my drive pedals, and one after the drive pedals. Also want to cut some highs on the first EP and use that more with the 57/08 on the McCarty, and the default EP with the 408. You two give great feedback. I suppose I have to start saving up for a PRS amp, but I really enjoy my Ampeg.

I love the RC and BB...great crunch, and the RC can be set up in numerous ways to add highs, or a bit more crunch...when used with the BB

I have an RC and an EP. Both are exceptional. The SP comp is very, very high on my wish list.

Hi Allen and Whitecat. Do you use your EPs in default mode, or do you tweak the dip switches?

I have an EP booster and used it always on around 9o'clock when I had my Blistertone as a slight boost and tone enhancer, but I found it does not play well with my Royal Atlantic. Not sure why but it does not have the magic with this amp like the other but with the right amp it is a miracle pedal.

I got an SL Drive a few months ago and I love that thing. I watched a ton of demos before buying and the tones all sounded like either ZZ Top, AC/DC or Hendrix to me, depending on guitar and settings. It doesn't disappoint in reality. Do take some time to experiment with the DIP switches to find what works best for you. I found I like it best in Super Lead mode with the hi-mid cut.

That's a good endorsement of the SP coming from Les. That one is on my wish list. The blend control is a big draw for me.

I also have an AC Booster, which has been a mainstay on my board for 10+ years now. I've used it as both a boost and an OD. Xotic make seriously good stuff and the prices don't break the bank.

That's a good endorsement of the SP coming from Les. That one is on my wish list. The blend control is a big draw for me.

The blend control is a really great feature, because it gives you the freedom to dial in sufficient compression to control volume peaks without having the guitar sound too squashed and splatty, since a bit of natural sound can be blended in (this doesn't defeat the purpose of the compression). Or you can go 100% compressed, get that Nashville sound, etc.

It's a very nice pedal, transparent, etc. Built like a little tank, too.

I have an AC+ in transit to compare to my BB+.

If anyone is interested in a good "source", PM me for a good (legitimate) dealer to talk to. I have found them willing to deal (on lines they carry) at very good (IMO) prices.

I need another EP Boost. Looking for a white one.

I am also looking forward to grabbing one of the new Xotic wah pedals.

Congrats. I have an EP. The BB and SL are on my next to buy list. I just need to sell my KokoBoost first.

Hi Allen and Whitecat. Do you use your EPs in default mode, or do you tweak the dip switches?

Default. Tried messing with the dip switches a little but prefer it as the designers intended it...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;164763 said:
I need another EP Boost. Looking for a white one.

I am also looking forward to grabbing one of the new Xotic wah pedals.

I believe I have seen a white one on GC's used site. Not sure how recently it was though. Didn't know they were making a wah. I bet it rips.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;164821 said:
[video]www.youtube.com/embed/srs1XpBcw20[/video]

Cool. I miss having a wah sometimes. Maybe I will gey myself one of these. Looks like it has some nifty features without being too much.

That is a lot of Q on that wah. Sounds and looks excellent! Thanks for the video. I had no idea they had a wah. I use the 535Q, which is nice and covers the need, but this Xotic seems to handle overdrive with a lot of clarity. Hmmmmmm?

Back