X’s New MT 15 Amp Day Video & 1st Thoughts!

Great stuff, thanks for all the clips! Well done.
Thx, Thx & well, Thx again!!!! :cool:

I’m changing cabinets & getting ready for a new band try-out on Sunday. :eek:

I shall call this “Mini-Rig”!!! :D
Photo%20Oct%2027%2C%209%2000%2014%20AM.jpg

This is the smallest gig-rig I’ve ever put together too!!!! ;)

I’ve got a busy day of playing & tuning-up presets while Mrs-X is at work. Then I’m going over to Motor City Guitar to watch Sammy Boller (my teacher) & Steve Stevens do a guitar clinic together! I may also go to Bed, Bath & Beyond or Olive Garden, but there might not be enough time. :p

Can’t......Stop.....Posting........Ugh.....:mad::p

Peace! X

Although the volume taper is sensitive, I've been playing my MT15 for months at low volumes in my aparment through a 412 while my 8 yr old daughter sleeps in the bedroom 5ft away. No issues.

My Mini-X Rig is ready to Rock....& so am I boys!!! ;)
Photo%20Oct%2027%2C%202%2014%2059%20PM.jpg

Looks can be very deceiving & size dosen’t matter for once!!!! :rolleyes:
Photo%20Oct%2027%2C%202%2015%2006%20PM.jpg

This Carvin Legacy-3 cabinet is what I would call an “Undersized” 2x12 cabinet, but it sounds HUGE!!!! Nobody will ever believe that this is a 15-watt rig!!

My goal for tomorrow’s band gig try-out is to play well, sound great (tone wise)....& leave them wanting more......more......more!!!! :D
Photo%20Oct%2027%2C%207%2043%2015%20PM.jpg

Peace! X-Mann \m/

PS - This pic is from the Friedman Amps Clinic w/ Steve Stevens & Sammy Boller over at Motor City Guitar this evening!. Killer show.....& some amazing guitar moments too!

Looks cool!

X do you live in Michigan? I noticed your Hopcat hat and of course the Friedman clinic in Detroit. I live in GR.

Looks cool!

X do you live in Michigan? I noticed your Hopcat hat and of course the Friedman clinic in Detroit. I live in GR.
Good catch Andy!!!

Yes, I’m in Shelby Twp....but I love telling people, “Yea, I’m from Detroit!!!! :eek::p

I was just in Grand Rapid 2-weeks ago for my son D’s engagement photos....Cool place!

X

I may have just had an MT-15 follow me home yesterday...
Wait....What? That’s justnway cool & congrats Vchizzle!!!

I’m eXcited to hear your thoughts on it. This amp really plays into my strengths & what I like/need/use 80% of the time.

More to follow as always......

X

I’m eXcited to hear your thoughts on it. This amp really plays into my strengths & what I like/need/use 80% of the time.

X
Quick play thru on my Diezel 2x12 at home and I'm really impressed. I'm taking it to rehearsal today to crank it up a little more to see if it can stand in for my Archon if need be. We don't have our bass player there today though, so not a true test quite yet.

X
Color me freaking impressed. Just 2 guitar players and drummer today, but damn. It’s probably going on my next gig. May even look for pint sized ata case so it can ride in the trailer.

Nonsense! This is a great thread, full of tone discovery, tone discussion, clips, and more! In fact, if it had pics of Julie Bowen, it would have EVERYTHING a perfect thread needs!

Long live Xmann’s MT-15 thread!

Dilly dilly!!
^^^What he said^^^
Not only that, but you HAVE to stick around so that we can convince/cajole/implore/enable you to get a PRS guitar to go with it.
Come on... you know you want to X...
Right?

^^^What he said^^^
Not only that, but you HAVE to stick around so that we can convince/cajole/implore/enable you to get a PRS guitar to go with it.
Come on... you know you want to X...
Right?
Thx man & for the record, I’m such a huge Mark Tremonti fan that I originally wanted his signature single cut model. I played one & loved everything but the back of the neck. I love a tung oiled or natural wood back.....& that’s the only reason for no PRS guitar. :(

Will it help if I buy another MT15 amp or the larger Archon model? :D

I’ve got a lot more to tell you guys about the band try-out & how the MT15 performed too....

Stay tuned!!!!

X

Congrats, dude!
Thx Bodia!!! ;)

So......I took the smallest rig I’ve ever had to this new band try-out. It was so comical, I even took a picture.

Photo%20Oct%2028%2C%2010%2059%2033%20AM.jpg

So the rig was small, but oh SO loud!!! Way more than enough power for practice and gigs too!

I set my tones very well & ever took pictures of the knob settings in case things moved it transit. The band loved my tones & could not believe that the amp was only 15-watts.

The only thing I needed to do was turn the bass up a bit......Not a big deal, but the drummer plays some guitar & wanted more.....So.....yea, I turned the bass up a bit....

Here are my setting before bumping up the bass....
Photo%20Oct%2028%2C%2010%2039%2039%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2028%2C%2010%2039%2043%20AM.jpg

I originally had the bsss SO low due to the 4x12 & I switched to a 2x12 & needed a bit more....That & Or it was the much bigger room...

We played around 16-tunes & these guys are very good. Everyone’s at the same level & this mostly 90’s band has all great songs that I love.

I’m the newest member of the band “Blender” & couldn’t be happier. I have my 2st gig in 22-days & need to learn about 20-new tunes. I think I’ll just make it & plan on using the MT15 for practices & the gig too!
Photo%20Oct%2028%2C%203%2048%2008%20PM.jpg

Peace! X

Oh & I’ve decided that I’m going to need an acoustic guitar & thinking about a PRS one.....Will that help my street credit here a bit despite my Kiesel collection? :D

Last edited:
Oh & I’ve decided that I’m going to need an acoustic guitar & thinking about a PRS one.....Will that help my street credit here a bit despite my Kiesel collection? :D

That will certainly help, yes! :)

(not least of all because it's a gateway drug)

Hey, if you do another video, would you mind trying to quickly dial in some low-gain tones on the lead channel - just to see how low the gain can go while still sounding great?

Hey, if you do another video, would you mind trying to quickly dial in some low-gain tones on the lead channel - just to see how low the gain can go while still sounding great?
Hey Mike......

Yea, that’s the only thing I’d like to see change or get updated in future MT15 models. The gain pot sweep goes from “Insane” at 9 O’Clock to “Ludicrous” at 11 O’Clock!!! I wishe that the 9 position came at the noon point.

I’ll give it a try at lower gain & we’ll see what happens.

& “Thanks” Guys, I’m very eXcited about this new gig.....& taking the MT15 out to gigs..

X

Yeah, I'm strongly considering the MT15 myself - but I would probably want to swap in some lower gain tube(s) to tame that lead channel

Did someone say diesel? stumbled upon this video, might be of interest

prs action from 17.21

Back