WTF? Who Am I? What Happened?!!!!

american but i don’t hate se at the price point.

I’ve got one of those Sweetwater matte black Santana SE’s, and it has a weird neck. It’s not quite W/F or W/T, and definitely not a “Santana” carve.
I've been in the same boat for a while now. In fact, I just sold 3.

The ugly truth is... the guitars I still want are worth more to the sellers than they are worth to me. I really want the d-neck Dragon at JD's shop, for example, but I'd buy a used Airsteam for the same amount of money LONG before I spent it on another guitar.

Priorities have changed.

The thing I’m wrestling with about my priorities is... I have none! I don’t know if I’m content or depressed. :p

See? You know me.... but I’ve got like, four or five Santana-ish guitars.

When was your last new guitar purchased?

I wanna think last year at this time? The cycle seems to be March and/or June, which happens to be the tax return and bonus times.

I’m sorry to say, I am inclined to agree. I don’t really find much difference between a PRS double cut solid versus semi hollow.

As to the lack of GAS, I’m with you. I still find many guitars interesting, but I like what I have enough that it has to be capitalized special for me to bring it into the house full time.

Of course, the Terror Twins Tour will almost certainly turn up something for anyone who has lost the edge.

That’s been my experience as well. They seem to just feel kinda weight relieved, and then of course have the aesthetic of the f-hole... which is cool but, you know how Santana shaped guitars are already borderline neck-dive prone.

Did you ever get the matching cab for the DG30?

I used to say (half jokingly) that I needed to wait for my cat to die, and for my son to grow up before I could even bring that cabinet into the house.

But now I don’t even know if I could use one. I have a 2x12 that I’ve stopped using, it’s just too loud... or at least that’s what I’ve been told (by fun killers). I have a 1x12 on a stand shooting right at my head that seems to work best for my situation.

What do you have that you wish was different in some small way? Like, do you have a Santana with a hog neck, IRW fretboard that you wish was maybe BRW FB, or maple neck?

Maybe you can spend time chasing down something a bit different from "standard" to replace an existing guitar, and not feel like you've given something up?

You know, I’ve strangely come to terms with all my guitars. Would my Santana be cooler if it had a brazzy board or was in a different color? Maybe hypothetically? But when I pick it up, play it, and look at it... I’m always psyched. I don’t feel the guitar is lacking a thing.

You have:
- multiple Santanas
- routing tools
- finish materials
- liquid courage
- fashion sense

I don’t see a problem, I see a solution.

Hahaha!

You know, with all of the guitars you have I don’t remember seeing a pink one among your stash? That’s a sin.

I mean, really, all the justification I have left is color coding.

I’ve got one of those Sweetwater matte black Santana SE’s, and it has a weird neck. It’s not quite W/F or W/T, and definitely not a “Santana” carve.

The thing I’m wrestling with about my priorities is... I have none! I don’t know if I’m content or depressed. :p

See? You know me.... but I’ve got like, four or five Santana-ish guitars.

I wanna think last year at this time? The cycle seems to be March and/or June, which happens to be the tax return and bonus times.
I’m confident if you waited another year or two, you’ll want something. I was set for a solid couple years. Now I got the fever, whether I really believe I could make something useful enough to justify spending the money.

I’m confident if you waited another year or two, you’ll want something. I was set for a solid couple years. Now I got the fever, whether I really believe I could make something useful enough to justify spending the money.

I hope so, I kinda miss the tweaking and shaking like a crackhead over the thought of another guitar. The last three guitars I bought felt like I was buying pants that were a good deal.

I can’t bring myself to buy another PRS. I have a pile of loot and no GAS.

Every time I think about buying another guitar I think about how that means I wouldn’t be playing one of these Bangin’! guitars I already own.

Is this all there is? Am I sick? Did I grow up? Have I reached my limit? Does this mean I’m satisfied?

I am confused.

This is exactly the type of illness one would expect to result from suspension of normal Private Stock Friday operations. Hopefully PSF will resume soon.

I used to say (half jokingly) that I needed to wait for my cat to die, and for my son to grow up before I could even bring that cabinet into the house.

But now I don’t even know if I could use one. I have a 2x12 that I’ve stopped using, it’s just too loud... or at least that’s what I’ve been told (by fun killers). I have a 1x12 on a stand shooting right at my head that seems to work best for my situation.
I mean sure I guess..... do you wear tuxedos with sneakers? o_O

J/K

I feel the same way. I love my main guitar. I have my new DGT that arrived last year...and I just feel guilty about the money when I have a wife, three kids, horrifying debt, etc.

Technically the money is from my grandmother and mom - when they died...but still feel like I have everything I could possibly need.

I can’t bring myself to buy another PRS. I have a pile of loot and no GAS.

Every time I think about buying another guitar I think about how that means I wouldn’t be playing one of these Bangin’! guitars I already own.

Is this all there is? Am I sick? Did I grow up? Have I reached my limit? Does this mean I’m satisfied?

I am confused.

I don't even know you anymore

Back