WTF? Who Am I? What Happened?!!!!

Finding a semi hollow Santana for you would do it , in gold

That’s really the “Final Frontier” for me, I need to play one.

I got a little discouraged after PM’ing with a guy that had one and said he couldn’t tell/feel/hear much difference from his other (multiple) solid body Santana’s.

I've been in the same boat for a while now. In fact, I just sold 3.

The ugly truth is... the guitars I still want are worth more to the sellers than they are worth to me. I really want the d-neck Dragon at JD's shop, for example, but I'd buy a used Airsteam for the same amount of money LONG before I spent it on another guitar.

Priorities have changed.

I have all my tonal needs more than covered. I thought about let a few go that are overlaps, but have been to lazy to post and plus UPS has been a PITA when it comes to shipping (last time I had to undo my over the top packing job to verify that there was a guitar in the box I was insuring for $$$$$).

One of the positives on the canceled Experience was that I wouldn't be tempted to leave with a souvenir.

I got a little discouraged after PM’ing with a guy that had one and said he couldn’t tell/feel/hear much difference from his other (multiple) solid body Santana’s.
I’m sorry to say, I am inclined to agree. I don’t really find much difference between a PRS double cut solid versus semi hollow.

As to the lack of GAS, I’m with you. I still find many guitars interesting, but I like what I have enough that it has to be capitalized special for me to bring it into the house full time.

Of course, the Terror Twins Tour will almost certainly turn up something for anyone who has lost the edge.

1. Thin the herd with some awesome deals to Forum members
I’m actually in talks of making this happen.
I suppose you could look at things this way:

What do you have that you wish was different in some small way? Like, do you have a Santana with a hog neck, IRW fretboard that you wish was maybe BRW FB, or maple neck?

Maybe you can spend time chasing down something a bit different from "standard" to replace an existing guitar, and not feel like you've given something up?

I can’t bring myself to buy another PRS. I have a pile of loot and no GAS.

Every time I think about buying another guitar I think about how that means I wouldn’t be playing one of these Bangin’! guitars I already own.

Is this all there is? Am I sick? Did I grow up? Have I reached my limit? Does this mean I’m satisfied?

I am confused.

Calling Bodia!!!! URGENT!!! Go to Sergio’s house and let him know his account has been hacked! :eek::eek::eek:

I can't help him out because I am actually in the same boat :eek: He even sent me a link over the weekend, for a model I am (was?) interested in, and I was like.....meh.

Maybe I'll troll Reverb this afternoon and post a bunch of links!

Did you ever get the matching cab for the DG30?

I can relate.
I just received a service award at work that came with a bonus, and I’m having a difficult time deciding what to spend it on.
I’ll probably just hold onto it and put it towards the balance on the 594 hollow body whenever it finally arrives. It will be a year on May 1st since I placed the order.

I can't help him out because I am actually in the same boat :eek: He even sent me a link over the weekend, for a model I am (was?) interested in, and I was like.....meh.

Maybe I'll troll Reverb this afternoon and post a bunch of links!
Here's an idea that might get your GAS going again. What happened to the guitars that were built and ready for sale during 2020 Experience? Maybe they will show up one day for an "Online Experience"

I know! The only thing is.... where would I use it? I’ve even had to turn the boost off on my DG30 :oops:

Oh... then you clearly need a Universal Audio Ox Amp Top Box. Find out what all your amps would sound like if you had a sound-proofed amp room! And a really nice recording option, to boot. Fun, fun, fun.

^^^ this

I was going to suggest powered kemper, but Ox n Amp is tailored made for cohabiting social distancing

Oh... then you clearly need a Universal Audio Ox Amp Top Box. Find out what all your amps would sound like if you had a sound-proofed amp room! And a really nice recording option, to boot. Fun, fun, fun.

I suggest the new Two Notes Torpedo Captor X - I have one on pre-order, it costs less then half what the Ox does, has almost all the features of the Ox, plus adds a few more very cool features of its' own. Check it out.

Back