WTB Mark Tremonti Artist Package

Siddiq

Hey PRS family. First post! I’ve really just browsed the forums casually over the years. Owner of a PRS SE Singlecut 2008. I think it’s time to upgrade to a USA model. I’ve always wanted a Tremonti as I mostly cover his music/ hard rock or just dabble in some bluesy licks running through a Mesa boogie rectoverb 25.
I’m in the market for a brand new Tremonti model, artist package however I’m hardly finding any via online searches. Is there any secret stash where these models are located or is the Tremonti model not made in an artist package.

PS: the reason for the artist package choice is because I NEED the green (abalone) bird inlays and as far as I know the tremonti comes standard with the usual white inlay material. (Not at Private Stock level to custom order an instrument lol)

Any advice as to how to procure one would be really appreciated!

Ok I’ve been perusing their listings. Little luck. Is there any way to upgrade a tremonti directly from the website to the artist package?

Ok I’ve been perusing their listings. Little luck. Is there any way to upgrade a tremonti directly from the website to the artist package?
You need to go through a dealer for an AP order. It would be a "Special Order", and those go to the back of the line. You would likely be looking at an 18 month wait, especially considering that the factory has been closed for almost two months.

You'b be better off looking for a dealer that did a Wood Library run of Tremonti's. I can't recall ever seeing a run of them, though. Not sure if they really move in big quantities. I know Mark is hugely popular (I dig him), but Signature guitars can be a little iffy to the general guitar buying public. Never bothered me to have someone's name on it, or to be associated with an artist, but some people are silly like that.

I stumbled across an AP Tremonti last year, and snagged it. It was sweet. Brazilian RW neck, to boot. Your best bet it going to be Reverb, and a list of PRS dealers. Make it part of your daily or weekly routine, and just keep checking.

This one is pretty hot, and has some sparkly inlays:

https://reverb.com/item/10116394-prs-tremonti-black-gold-wrap-s-241182

Great advice! I’ve started checking a couple of sites daily, and subbed to Reverb for updates on any of the tremonti guitars available.
Unfortunately a signature model can’t be upgraded to an artist package anymore ergo no beautiful birds! Although I’ve seen some older tremontis in an artist package branding with the green abalone birds and headstock writing in green abalone.
Only way to get a tremonti with the different inlay material birds is via Private stock.

What do you guys think about ordering via fret 12?

Great advice! I’ve started checking a couple of sites daily, and subbed to Reverb for updates on any of the tremonti guitars available.
Unfortunately a signature model can’t be upgraded to an artist package anymore ergo no beautiful birds! Although I’ve seen some older tremontis in an artist package branding with the green abalone birds and headstock writing in green abalone.
Only way to get a tremonti with the different inlay material birds is via Private stock.

What do you guys think about ordering via fret 12?
Not at all familiar with Fret12. Sorry.

Not at all familiar with Fret12. Sorry.
Feet 12 are a US company that more or less distributes merch for a couple of artists. I think the Tremontis’ are more less in charge of the operation. I’m a bit skeptical from buying from some of the sellers in reverb. No offense to them. Some of the guitars they have are offered as 10 tops but then the headstock has no 10 printed or marked on it. You guys had good things to say about reverb so I’m guessing the individual sellers are trustworthy ?

Feet 12 are a US company that more or less distributes merch for a couple of artists. I think the Tremontis’ are more less in charge of the operation. I’m a bit skeptical from buying from some of the sellers in reverb. No offense to them. Some of the guitars they have are offered as 10 tops but then the headstock has no 10 printed or marked on it. You guys had good things to say about reverb so I’m guessing the individual sellers are trustworthy ?

Reverb protects you if the item is falsely described or you don’t get what you paid for. You can find their protection plan on the website.

Just to be clear artist packs are not marked ten top, they’re “better” than 10 top. Wood library guitars can be regular, 10, or artist tops. I’ve never purchased from Fret12 but I’d have no reservations if they had what I wanted.

I know where at least one artist pack Tremonti is but the inlays are definitely not green and sadly it’s not for sale :p ...brazzy board, flame neck...
FwBMB7i.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up. So therefore a 10 top is more about the aesthetics where as a wood library guitar would have a better song due to the higher quality of tone woods which doesn’t necessarily translate to better looks?

I don't think PRS is doing any artist package guitars this year. Looking at the website, everything I've seen says artist package is unavailable. I assume this is because of the large backlog.

Thanks for clearing that up. So therefore a 10 top is more about the aesthetics where as a wood library guitar would have a better song due to the higher quality of tone woods which doesn’t necessarily translate to better looks?
Actually, 10 Top, Wood Library and Artist Pack (as well as Private Stock) top woods are only about aesthetics. Nothing to due with how it will sound in the end. Wood Library may differ all types of things. WL allows the dealer to spec a small run of guitars (usually 10) outside of normal Core offerings. For example, the 509 is a Mahogany neck, Mahogany body, Maple top, Rosewood fret board in the normal Core offering. A dealer did a WL run of 10 that are Maple neck, Maple fret board, Swamp Ash body, and Maple Top. Plus, they had Smoked Black Chrome hardware. Killer guitar, as I have one of them.

Here's a video that explains the 10 top.

And here's a video of from one of the Dealers talking about the WL process.

Actually, 10 Top, Wood Library and Artist Pack (as well as Private Stock) top woods are only about aesthetics. Nothing to due with how it will sound in the end. Wood Library may differ all types of things. WL allows the dealer to spec a small run of guitars (usually 10) outside of normal Core offerings. For example, the 509 is a Mahogany neck, Mahogany body, Maple top, Rosewood fret board in the normal Core offering. A dealer did a WL run of 10 that are Maple neck, Maple fret board, Swamp Ash body, and Maple Top. Plus, they had Smoked Black Chrome hardware. Killer guitar, as I have one of them.

Here's a video that explains the 10 top.

And here's a video of from one of the Dealers talking about the WL process.

The series of videos were a great insight into the wood library instruments.

Update: after contacting a dealer who speaks to the factory, I can’t have anything but MOP on my tremonti model if I go with a guitar that is to be made. Artist signature guitars are no more.
To get the inlays I want I’d have to go through private stock or buy an older model artist package or wood library run tremonti. I’ve found a few of those but all of the stores are in Europe.
Reason why the inlays are so important to me are because i view them as jewels on the fretboard. I really dig the reflectivity of the green and blue colors on some of the abalone and paua inlays. Is there any special way that MOP reflects back those colors?
I certainly not in a position to purchase a private stock guitar, but I’m beginning to think that if I’m gonna spend 4-5g on a guitar, might as well get exactly what I want? Am
Thinking straight here, or am I high in inlay iridescence ?

Well, if the inlays mean that much to you, just stalk Reverb, and hope that eventually one pops up. You will very likely pay a fair amount less than new, but you may also not get in "mint" condition.

I play my guitars, so they go "below mint" after a while anyway, but I think they stay in Very Good to Excellent condition, generally. Hopefully you can find one like that.

I’ve found a possible match. What do you guys think about this?

PRS Wood Library Tremonti in Copperhead with Stained Flame Maple Neck, Ziricote Fingerboard, Black Hardware

BODY
Top Wood: Hand Selected Figured Flame Maple (Artist Grade)
Back Wood: Hand Selected Mahogany

NECK
Number of Frets: 22
Scale Length: 25"
Neck Wood: Hand Selected Flamed Maple (Artist Grade) Stained to match top colour
Neck Shape: Pattern Thin
Neck Depth At The Nut: 26/32”
Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 1/4”
Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 11/16”
Fretboard Wood: Hand Selected Ziricote
Fretboard Inlay: Old School' Paua Birds
Headstock Inlay: Ziricote Headstock Veneer with Inlaid Signature

HARDWARE
Bridge: PRS Patented Tremolo, Gen III with Trem-Up Route
Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
Hardware Type: Smoked Black

ELECTRONICS
Treble Pickup: Tremonti
Bass Pickup: Tremonti
Controls: Volume and Tone Control for Each Pickup and 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector
Strings: 10's

I’ve found a possible match. What do you guys think about this?

PRS Wood Library Tremonti in Copperhead with Stained Flame Maple Neck, Ziricote Fingerboard, Black Hardware

BODY
Top Wood: Hand Selected Figured Flame Maple (Artist Grade)
Back Wood: Hand Selected Mahogany

NECK
Number of Frets: 22
Scale Length: 25"
Neck Wood: Hand Selected Flamed Maple (Artist Grade) Stained to match top colour
Neck Shape: Pattern Thin
Neck Depth At The Nut: 26/32”
Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 1/4”
Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 11/16”
Fretboard Wood: Hand Selected Ziricote
Fretboard Inlay: Old School' Paua Birds
Headstock Inlay: Ziricote Headstock Veneer with Inlaid Signature

HARDWARE
Bridge: PRS Patented Tremolo, Gen III with Trem-Up Route
Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
Hardware Type: Smoked Black

ELECTRONICS
Treble Pickup: Tremonti
Bass Pickup: Tremonti
Controls: Volume and Tone Control for Each Pickup and 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector
Strings: 10's

I'd be all over it. What are you waiting for?? BUY IT!!!!!! :D

I'd be all over it. What are you waiting for?? BUY IT!!!!!! :D

Haha thanks mate.. in the process of! Just to figure out shipping to where I’m at.
I’m trying to upload a pic for you guys to see.. first big prs buy so just happy for you guys to vet the guitar! It’s a 2017 model. Brand new model

Back