Wow: That McCarty SC Prototype... any chance it'll be in production next year?

I was never a fan of the Santana headstock... The traditional PRS one is iconic. It does kind of work on this guitar but I'd still plump for the traditional headstock shape if I had the choice (And the cash!).

Some elements may well filter down to the current core singlecuts. be interesting to see what happens.

I dunno whether they've cracked it or not but it's way too similar to the stripped 58 I just got to warrant the difference at the moment.

Try playing one. On paper they may look similar but it's a Private Stock build with wood from the library and the PS attention to detail. All my PS guitars are a step above production models in feel, tone etc.

Try playing one. On paper they may look similar but it's a Private Stock build with wood from the library and the PS attention to detail. All my PS guitars are a step above production models in feel, tone etc.

This ^^^ - but of course they are also a step up in price.

I've a feeling if it became a production model with production timbers etc it would indeed be similar to the Stripped 58s, so Raymond's not wrong about that. But at the moment, it's a different guitar entirely. The question is can they transmute that mojo it's got now - even 90% of it - to the Core line?

This ^^^ - but of course they are also a step up in price.

I've a feeling if it became a production model with production timbers etc it would indeed be similar to the Stripped 58s, so Raymond's not wrong about that. But at the moment, it's a different guitar entirely. The question is can they transmute that mojo it's got now - even 90% of it - to the Core line?

I would say it would be a little tricky - you'd be using a different chef with different ingredients...

I would say it would be a little tricky - you'd be using a different chef with different ingredients...

Different chef is no problem. Taking the food analogy further, many many executive chefs devise amazing recipes but don't actually cook night to night in their restaurant kitchens. Someone else can be trusted with the execution.

The ingredients thing is trickier. How much of it is in the design vs the materials?

Back