Would you like an S2 594 thinline in a singlecut with pattern reg neck?

Would you like an S2 594 thinline in a singlecut with pattern reg neck?

• Yes, I would love it

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No, I'm happy with the thinline right now

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I live on a rotating earth in a galaxy far, far, away.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I live in a reality that is not moving rotating, gyrating or doing the peppermint twist.

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
I’m saying yes, but with the asterisk of being a pattern vintage neck, which is already being used on the other S2 594’s.

What I would really like to see is SC and DC 594 Standard Satin S2’s. A better guitar for the money simply could not be made.

So only those that can afford a core model are worthy of any ‘investments in complexity’?

As with many other companies, PRS made some changes to reduce complexity and simplify manufacturing as a result of the pandemic. This included changes like eliminating the Custom 22 model, making the Custom 24 neck pattern thin only, moving from 58/15 MTs to 58/15 LTs on the SSH, etc. If PRS is going to add some complexity back I’d rather it be with their core line, like having another neck choice for their flagship Custom 24. Sorry not sorry if that offends you.

If PRS is going to add some complexity back I’d rather it be with their core line, like having another neck choice for their flagship Custom 24.
I hear that. I thought it was an odd choice to go thin on the neck and not present options. It's not like its a bolt on and we can swap necks with ease...not that PRS even sells replacement necks :confused:

I voted "No", in that I think I am a "Double Cut" kind of guy ... And that preference got some reinforcement a few hours ago, when I slunk into the neighborhood GC, with the idea of "disqualifying" the S2 SC/DC because of its "Pattern Vintage" neck carve.

Pattern Vintage, is a chunky neck carve. Heavier than anything I usually gravitate to. On my last visit there, GC had a SC S2 594 which I gladly fondled, as I just had to know about Pattern Vintage. The SC was big. And Heavy. And Chunky. It felt good, and I could see why others would like it ... But I thought it was more than I wanted to deal with.

I have and love the Thinline.. My ideal PRS being all little ,cute and petite....

So just to see again and to confirm a "no go" on Pattern Vintage, I returned to the scene... Today it was an S2 594 McCarty DC ... Beautiful in a fairly stripey/flamey Faded Blue Burst. ... (I feel lucky this store even has stock to check out !)

Anyway, I sat down with it. And the worst thing in the world happened . I fell in love with it.

There it was. In complete Pattern Vintage glory . All chunky (?). But Damm ... Maybe it was the flamey/stripey top. Or that fact that this was a Double Cut version ...I now have to find a bunch of $$$ to liberate her from GC ...

I'm beginning to understand this idea of neck pattern neutrality ... But definitely here in a DC

But ... realizing the degree of GuitarSlut I am ... If this "Thinline SC" ...Had a cool flamey/stripey veneer top (and was like a Thinline in all other respects ) ... I'd have to have it ! ;)

I hear that. I thought it was an odd choice to go thin on the neck and not present options. It's not like its a bolt on and we can swap necks with ease...not that PRS even sells replacement necks :confused:
It's almost like they wanted to make it like an SG with a thin neck so it wouldn't be neck heavy. I definitely want pattern vintage neck.

Have a feeling nothing is going to change for 2021 and getting thicker c24 necks. Not with Covid catch up mode going on. Hopefully 2022 they will bring them back

Last edited:
I voted "No", in that I think I am a "Double Cut" kind of guy ... And that preference got some reinforcement a few hours ago, when I slunk into the neighborhood GC, with the idea of "disqualifying" the S2 SC/DC because of its "Pattern Vintage" neck carve.

Pattern Vintage, is a chunky neck carve. Heavier than anything I usually gravitate to. On my last visit there, GC had a SC S2 594 which I gladly fondled, as I just had to know about Pattern Vintage. The SC was big. And Heavy. And Chunky. It felt good, and I could see why others would like it ... But I thought it was more than I wanted to deal with.

I have and love the Thinline.. My ideal PRS being all little ,cute and petite....

So just to see again and to confirm a "no go" on Pattern Vintage, I returned to the scene... Today it was an S2 594 McCarty DC ... Beautiful in a fairly stripey/flamey Faded Blue Burst. ... (I feel lucky this store even has stock to check out !)

Anyway, I sat down with it. And the worst thing in the world happened . I fell in love with it.

There it was. In complete Pattern Vintage glory . All chunky (?). But Damm ... Maybe it was the flamey/stripey top. Or that fact that this was a Double Cut version ...I now have to find a bunch of $$$ to liberate her from GC ...

I'm beginning to understand this idea of neck pattern neutrality ... But definitely here in a DC

But ... realizing the degree of GuitarSlut I am ... If this "Thinline SC" ...Had a cool flamey/stripey veneer top (and was like a Thinline in all other respects ) ... I'd have to have it ! ;)
I think it should stay the same all mahogany design. That's the good thing about PRS. They have thin and regular to wide fat necks to choose from. How about a Dog hair finish? I've seen them on Collings and they look cool.

As with many other companies, PRS made some changes to reduce complexity and simplify manufacturing as a result of the pandemic. This included changes like eliminating the Custom 22 model, making the Custom 24 neck pattern thin only, moving from 58/15 MTs to 58/15 LTs on the SSH, etc. If PRS is going to add some complexity back I’d rather it be with their core line, like having another neck choice for their flagship Custom 24. Sorry not sorry if that offends you.

PRS was wise to go pattern thin for the CU24 neck. 1 11/16" is the most popular nut width by far for guitar necks and the neck shape/thickness is pretty neutral. I think the change was long overdue. Name another largish guitar manufacturer that gives you multiple options for necks on a standard model.

In regards to adding back complexity, you won't see it. US made guitar prices are already nearing the affordability tipping point. Every bit of complexity reduces efficiency and increases costs. Going forward, I expect to see PRS and others go even more simplistic in regards to things like colors and any other options.

I don't think the CU24 is really the flagship anymore. The Silver Sky probably takes that title by far. The 594s maybe as well.

The poor 24 fret fans reading that statement. But in terms of sales, I sure do think the 22 frets have caught up. Hence the discontinuation of the custom 22 with the rise of McCarty and Silver Sky series

I think it should stay the same all mahogany design. That's the good thing about PRS. They have thin and regular to wide fat necks to choose from. How about a Dog hair finish? I've seen them on Collings and they look cool.
esng4v8halqmu9bl3hi6.jpg

Back