Would you consider a ce24 a super strat?

I wouldn't. No middle pickup, wrong scale, control layout, hog body and maple cap. The body is nothing like a strat besides you can bolt on a neck and a bolt on does not make a guitar a strat. I'm sure there's more I'm missing. Nope not a superstrat.

I am using a PRS bridge on a HSH partscaster project.

Last edited:
Regardless of woods, pickup layouts, etc., a super strat has a double locking trem. So without a Floyd Rose style trem (locking at both the bridge and nut), it’s not a super strat IMO.

Regardless of woods, pickup layouts, etc., a super strat has a double locking trem. So without a Floyd Rose style trem (locking at both the bridge and nut), it’s not a super strat IMO.

Definition of “Superstrat”

Thus, a Strat-style electric guitar with any combination of a nonstandard pickup configuration, an upgraded tremolo system, or an altered neck shape will be considered a superstrat.

In my mind, a Super Strat will always be an HSS or HSH with a double-locking trem. On a Strat or a clone, of course.

Is a CE a Super Strat? Nope.

Definition of “Superstrat”

Thus, a Strat-style electric guitar with any combination of a nonstandard pickup configuration, an upgraded tremolo system, or an altered neck shape will be considered a superstrat.

You forgot this part of your selected article…

“If you search the internet, you’ll find varying opinions as to what constitutes a superstrat. For this article, we’re going to define “superstrat” as any Stratocaster or Strat-style electric guitar that has been modified beyond the original Stratocaster’s specifications.”

That’s just their take on what a Superstrat is. I’ve seen lots of heated arguments on this very subject. Just like in this thread, the consensus is all over the place on what constitutes a Superstrat. I’m surprised nobody has ever applied for and attained a Trademark on the term.

That’s just their take on what a Superstrat is. I’ve seen lots of heated arguments on this very subject. Just like in this thread, the consensus is all over the place on what constitutes a Superstrat. I’m surprised nobody has ever applied for and attained a Trademark on the term.

I agree. So many definitions out there. Even my definition of a superstrat has changed over the years. Either way it's a good article that covers a few basis that helps make good sense of the subject.

Last edited:
A 'Strat' is a very particular guitar - a three Single-Coil Pick-up, 25.5" scale bolt-on neck guitar made by Fender

A 'Super Strat' is 'generally' a HSS or HSH 'Strat' style guitar - often with a Floyd Rose type trem, deeper cutaways and 24 frets - such as the Ibanez JEM or Jackson Soloist. Its a 'Strat' style guitar that generally offers a t least a 'bit' more than a 'standard Fender 'Strat' - hence SuperStrat. Funnily enough , both Jackson and Charvel, known for 'Superstrats' in the 80's, ended up being bought by Fender when the Grunge era hit...

The Ce24 is a Bolt-on designed Custom 24 which is not a Strat type guitar - although may offer 'Stratty' tones. There is 'NO' official definition of a 'SuperStrat' but in my opinion, the Closest 'Current' models in the PRS line-up that 'could' be considered as a Superstrat are the Fiore and 509 in my opinion...

I don't consider super strats as strats. It's a really terrible term for what are just ergonomic shred machines.

I do consider the CE 24 an ergonomic shred machine.
This.

Superstrat is in my book a functional discription, not a specific guitar. A Jackson soloist in that definition would not qualify (neck trough design) while a jackson dinky would, however I put them in the same functional category.

So; i would say "jein"

Super Sky

i-wJKS9Dr-X3.jpg

Back