Would Phase III tuners fit a 2014 SE Zach Myers?

Had some free time this morning so I decided to pull a few guitars out and check headstock thicknesses.

'02 SC with factory installed Vintage tuners .580
'07 Mira with factory installed Phase II tuners .625
'11 SE Custom with factory installed Phase II tuners .604
'11 SC58 with factory installed Phase III tuners .646
'13 Paul's Guitar with factory installed Phase III tuners .639
'13 CU22 AP with factory installed Phase III tuners .628
'14 SE ZM with factory installed Vintage tuners .630

I went with the Phase IIIs on my ZM. It's headstock thickness is marginally more than the CU22 and less than the Paul's Guitar. Installation was relatively simple with only minor reaming to rear of the headstock. The screw holes lined up nicely.

Last edited:
I went with the Phase IIIs on my ZM. It's headstock thickness is marginally more than the CU22 and less than the Paul's Guitar. Installation was relatively simple with only minor reaming to rear of the headstock. The screw holes lined up nicely.

Pic plz

Looks great!
Since my dealer has to ream the headstock for the Tonepro ones, I should see if he has any Phase IIIs in.

My dealer has the Tonepro ones on order, and I let him know a little reaming is in order.
He spoke with his rep, and he thinks my ZM will ship on MondayIf so, it could land two Mondays from now.

They look like these?
http://www.prsaccessories.com/collections/parts/products/faux-bone-tuner-buttons-phase-iii

acc_buttons_faux_bone_1024x1024.jpg

I would love to see some side shots of the headstock of the SC58 and the ZM with the Phase 3 to compare the break over angles. That is what I would think could make the biggest impact with tuning stability and tone.

Let me suggest Hipshot open back locking tuners with the universal mounting plates. No holes, you can do it yourself, it's reversable, and they're USA made. Takes about 1/2 hour to get them in with the plates positioned properly. Retighten them 2 weeks later, and that's it. It's all I use on my 7 SE's.

Any chance you have a side shot photo so we could see break over angle? It looks awesome! honestly I hope it works out, I want to put phase 3 's on mine.

Wow!!! Ok, I was mistaken, looks like it works perfectly. Thanks for the pictures, now I can confidentiality do use them on my ZM. A Brians Guitar Ltd ZM with \m/ pickups and core rings, electronics, nut, knobs, jack, switch and now..........Phase 3 ' s. Haha! And maybe a non adjustable core bridge. I *HATE the saddles on the core adjustable bridge, it pokes my hand just enough to make me angry. Anyway's thanks again, you took a fear about buying one of these out of my head.

Wow!!! Ok, I was mistaken, looks like it works perfectly. Thanks for the pictures, now I can confidentiality do use them on my ZM. A Brians Guitar Ltd ZM with \m/ pickups and core rings, electronics, nut, knobs, jack, switch and now..........Phase 3 ' s. Haha! And maybe a non adjustable core bridge. I *HATE the saddles on the core adjustable bridge, it pokes my hand just enough to make me angry. Anyway's thanks again, you took a fear about buying one of these out of my head.

You're welcome.

I preordered mine with \m/ pickups as well!!

Tapered reamer.

Thanks, I never knew of such thing and am scared of ruin my new guitar so want to double check.

I guess you stick that through from the back and twist a full circle to see, if nt enough you do it again?

Back