Would double-blacks look better?

Which pickups do you think would look better?

• Total voters

Brad737

This space for rent...
Hello all,

Awhile back, I got this Emerald Green ME1. I'm not the biggest fan of the stock RP pickups, so I swapped in a set of zebra-coil Dragon 1s. I LOVE the tone of these pickups in this guitar, but I'm starting to think they might too a little too "busy". I have a spare set of all black Dragons that I think might look a little better with the dark finish. What do you all think? Black or zebras?

Thanks,
Brad

IMG_3370_zps7dc8965b.jpg

I'm a pretty big fan of double black, but I think those zebras might look better. If it was black slate or charcoal, I'd go 2x black.

That's a gorgeous guitar you have there!

I personally HATE zebras...so anything else would look better: double black, nickel covers, or gold covers since you gave amber knobs and a gold bridge. Green and gold were made for each other.

Gold looks good against green, and the rest of the hardware is gold. Gold covers gets my vote. Go brushed if you don't like shiny.

Or you could trade me for my NOS SC yellow tiger, and then you wouldn't have your dilemma. :tongue:

Last edited:
+1 on the gold brushed covers (I don't every rally like gold, but they would look good there).

Throw some black electrical tape on the light bobbins and take a look. If you like it, install the double blacks. If not, don't.

Back