Would dimarzio f-space fit without mods?

tonaholic

I've go a 36th set laying around with an f-spaced bridge. Just curious if it'll be compatible with the pickup rings mostly and how well it'll line up with the strings.

It'll fit your rings fine. The poles will be a little off, but it'll upset your eyes more than your ears. The biggest issue will be if the "legs" of the pickup are a bit too long.

I think the SE's are F-spaced at the bridge...? Not positive but the 2 I've put Dimarzios in, I've used F spaced models without noticing a problem. Not sure if you're working with a core or SE, haven't done anything with core pickups.

American made prs pickups are standard spaced and the imports are closer to f spaced. That said, standard spaced works just fine in both as does f spaced. F spaced will actually line up with the strings slightly better since the prs bridges are spaced closer to that spacing. If you look at any prs with the american made pickups you will see that the outside strings are ever so slightly on the outside of the poles. Keep in mind it is only 3mm over the entire pickup. That means each string will be off center by like .5mm which is really not much, especially considering how a magnetic field works.

The SE pickups are 52mm so not f or standard spaced...

Go for it, you'll be fine.
I used non F-spaced pickups to F-spaced guitars and vice versa...
THe 36th Annis are a great pickup set. What guitar are they going in?

Back