Wotcher!

MacDaddy

Afternoon,

I've just joined the forum, after being a PRS owner for several years, so thought I'd best say hello.

My humble '91 CE24 (non maple top) is not in the same league as some of the pieces of wood I've seen on the forum so far but it took me an age to track one down with the spec and finish I wanted and now she's mine she's staying mine.

IMG_0424.jpg

I did once own a CE24 maple top, but sorry to say, it sounded like crap! No amount of fettling or different pickups could make that guitar sound good, so it had to go.

Sonically, this one is in a different league!

Chris

I did once own a CE24 maple top, but sorry to say, it sounded like crap! No amount of fettling or different pickups could make that guitar sound good, so it had to go.

Hmmm..... I have never heard a PRS that sounded like crap. There have been a few who just didn't sing to me, but I'm sure the sang to others.. My guess is that the maple CE24 had the same pups are your current CE24 initially, unless you are a compulsive pup swapper (not that there is anything wrong with that....).

At any rate, it is good that you found your tone! Enjoy!

Welcome. I've got more standards than maple tops, sometimes they're just better for what one wants to hear.

Back