Worth it to fix?

snfrd84

Plays great, light, love it, but man, even worth to fix?
PJAdzRu.png

Here's what it looked like when I bought it, but there was a hole in the box.

s-l1600.jpg

I want to fix it. Just not sure if I should attempt it, or send it to someone.

As someone who frequently elicits the services of PTC: To have them repair it will likely be more than buying another SE

I want to fix it. Just not sure if I should attempt it, or send it to someone.
It looks like it chipped through to the wood.
I don’t think I could fix it well enough for it to look brand new - I could smooth the edge, but probably not any better than that. But I am not skilled in these things.
I left a tele with a similar chip alone - I did get a good discount off for the chip though.

That's the thing. Not wanting it to look new. Just better than it is. Lol

It’s not going to fix well; thin veneer on the top. Will it bother you every time you see it? You’re going to have to decide to live with it or return it.

There are a lot of nice CEs and S2s out there.
There are. But not in my budget right now.

I was told around $150 at minimum to fix. Waiting to see what the seller says from usps.

The seller should get money back if he insured it (you should always insure an instrument when shipping), so he isn't going to be hurt in this. If he takes off enough to keep it, I'd just do a little light sanding to make it smooth and put a little nail polish on it for cover and pay the darn thing. You won't have to worry about banging it against a mic stand anymore. :)

Was only insured for $50 from what I was told by the seller, also, you can tell that something pushed into the box - so I think the seller is going to fight with USPS. Looks like it was slammed down or something.

Was only insured for $50 from what I was told by the seller, also, you can tell that something pushed into the box - so I think the seller is going to fight with USPS. Looks like it was slammed down or something.
So the seller didn't pay for insurance - every USPS (priority) shipment gets $50 insurance by default. So he saved himself $5 - just crazy!

If it arrived damaged from shipping, or not as advertised by seller for any reason, and you bought on ebay/reverb, or even paid via PayPal (except gift option) you should be able to return it.

if you want to repair, I’ve had fair luck doing either the superglue technique from Dan Erlewine, or the repair sticks that you melt in also from Stewmac. You will still see the blemish but you can smooth it. I would be happy to give you some pointers, PM me if you want. But I would return the guitar if you paid a fair price for it.

Back