Worst Custom 24 Fake Ever!

I am a very small store that just opened. He was my first customer. I want to make this right but can only do so much. I will be forced to let it work out in court and wait if I cant get it worked out. I have offered him as much money as I can. The rest would have to be in gear.

I'm trying to work it out. I only have so much money and some trade. Other than that I will be forced to fight it in court. Maybe it isn't the same guitar? Never really thought about it that way until you guys. Thanks. They do kinda look different.

Didn't you offer $450 and a Gibson Flying V?

I am a very small store that just opened. He was my first customer. I want to make this right but can only do so much. I will be forced to let it work out in court and wait if I cant get it worked out. I have offered him as much money as I can. The rest would have to be in gear.

Chad, you know I'm willing to work with you on this. When you called me earlier with that deal I said that sounded good and to call me back. You're a good guy and I have in no way tried to tarnish your name or your store and I'm sure we can talk for a bit and come to an agreement. Give me a call tomorrow please.

I'm trying to work it out. I only have so much money and some trade. Other than that I will be forced to fight it in court. Maybe it isn't the same guitar? Never really thought about it that way until you guys. Thanks. They do kinda look different.
I think it would be a real shame if you tried to wiggle out of the fact that you sold a fake PRS on that argument. It's clear that it's the same fake.

Anyway, I'll unlock this thread again in the morning when one of the mods is online to keep tabs. Between now and then, I'll maintain some hope that you do the right thing.

:goodnight:

Last edited:
Ok. Thread re-opened, as promised.

If I hear any more legal chatter (from anyone), I'm locking the thread for good. We aren't here to replace the legal system.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;35626 said:

If I hear any more legal chatter (from anyone), I'm locking the thread for good. We aren't here to replace the legal system.

I dont think it this is really the place for it to be publically discussed anyway but here are my two cents:

The seller, who operates a business, sold an item that was clearly a copy of a trademarked item and advertised it as legit. I dont think he is a bad guy, did it on purpose, or even knew it himself, but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter and it is what it is. The item was sold, is not what it was advertised as, and should be reversed like any other establishment would. Proper customer service is the best way to build a clientele for a new venture anyway.

I dont think it this is really the place for it to be publically discussed anyway but here are my two cents:

The seller, who operates a business, sold an item that was clearly a copy of a trademarked item and advertised it as legit. I dont think he is a bad guy, did it on purpose, or even knew it himself, but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter and it is what it is. The item was sold, is not what it was advertised as, and should be reversed like any other establishment would. Proper customer service is the best way to build a clientele for a new venture anyway.
Then based on this logic should the original owner take it back to GC and expect them to do the right thing as well?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;35626 said:

There really isn't anything more to add.

Once it became an open conversation between the actual seller and the actual buyer in this forum I think it was out of hand. I know that if I had a problem with a patient, I sure as Hell would not be discussing it in an open forum even if that forum was related to my business or industry.

Pictures of the guitar are useful and instructive to this forum in that we all need to know how to spot a fake - the conversation between the buyer and seller are not. If it was my call, I'd delete all posts not directly concerned with the authenticity of the guitar. The rest is not our business.

So, Master Roshi, which PRS model would you most like to have?

http://prsguitars.com/products/

The Custom 24 SE would be a notable upgrade for a few hundred less than you paid for the fake. You can even get on in the same color.

SECust24WB-xlarge.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;35648 said:
So, Master Roshi, which PRS model would you most like to have?

http://prsguitars.com/products/

The Custom 24 SE would be a notable upgrade for a few hundred less than you paid for the fake. You can even get on in the same color.

SECust24WB-xlarge.jpg

As much as I would love to own any model, I can barely afford to eat at the moment... so it might be a while :)

Then based on this logic should the original owner take it back to GC and expect them to do the right thing as well?

I just reread the whole thread and didn't realize it was a year ago and that he also sold it privately via craigslist and not through his store. I think time is the enemy here and hopefully a deal can be reached privately.

I just reread the whole thread and didn't realize it was a year ago and that he also sold it privately via craigslist and not through his store. I think time is the enemy here and hopefully a deal can be reached privately.

He bought it from guitar center and I bought it from his store.

There really isn't anything more to add.

Once it became an open conversation between the actual seller and the actual buyer in this forum I think it was out of hand. I know that if I had a problem with a patient, I sure as Hell would not be discussing it in an open forum even if that forum was related to my business or industry.

Pictures of the guitar are useful and instructive to this forum in that we all need to know how to spot a fake - the conversation between the buyer and seller are not. If it was my call, I'd delete all posts not directly concerned with the authenticity of the guitar. The rest is not our business.

I think I agree. Last night I was all on my high horse about the store owner doing the right thing and may have taken sides inadvertently. This thread, started by me, was only meant as a laugh at a bad fake, not as a call to judgement on either party. It's entirely possible that a bad fake got passed around. It really sucks for both of them. I'm glad we got involved to lend our knowledge of PRS guitars, but anything pass that may be inappropriate. I apologize if anything I said was inappropriate.

Bottom line is they are both showing that they want to work it out and are not treating this like a victim and a perpetrator, but as 2 people working together to find a mutually beneficial agreement. I applaud both of you for that. It would be much easier to yell and scream at each other and play the blame game. So from me, thank you to both of you for your thoughts and comments and showing me some holiday spirit!

In closing I would like to say SQUIRT

I'm glad to see both working on it and yes, should be continued in private.

Roshi, hope you get out of this hard phase soon. Once everything is back to normal just remember that if you liked that copy you will Love an actual PRS or PRS SE. This community will be here to help you decide.

These trades happen more often than we think. If this is the case with a PRS that is so easy to spot, I can't imagine how may fake "Fenders" or "Gibbies" trade hands every day.

Back