Worst Custom 24 Fake Ever!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slang05, Dec 14, 2012.

1. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc “Evil” Sergio. You can tell by the goatee

Good luck guys.

2. PRS confused

PRS confused New Member

I am a very small store that just opened. He was my first customer. I want to make this right but can only do so much. I will be forced to let it work out in court and wait if I cant get it worked out. I have offered him as much money as I can. The rest would have to be in gear.

3. slang05

slang05 Guest

Didn't you offer $450 and a Gibson Flying V?

4. Master Roshi

Master Roshi New Member

Chad, you know I'm willing to work with you on this. When you called me earlier with that deal I said that sounded good and to call me back. You're a good guy and I have in no way tried to tarnish your name or your store and I'm sure we can talk for a bit and come to an agreement. Give me a call tomorrow please.

5. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Zombie Zero

I think it would be a real shame if you tried to wiggle out of the fact that you sold a fake PRS on that argument. It's clear that it's the same fake.

Anyway, I'll unlock this thread again in the morning when one of the mods is online to keep tabs. Between now and then, I'll maintain some hope that you do the right thing.

:goodnight:

#85 ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  6. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Zombie Zero

Ok. Thread re-opened, as promised.

If I hear any more legal chatter (from anyone), I'm locking the thread for good. We aren't here to replace the legal system.

7. themike

themike New Member

I dont think it this is really the place for it to be publically discussed anyway but here are my two cents:

The seller, who operates a business, sold an item that was clearly a copy of a trademarked item and advertised it as legit. I dont think he is a bad guy, did it on purpose, or even knew it himself, but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter and it is what it is. The item was sold, is not what it was advertised as, and should be reversed like any other establishment would. Proper customer service is the best way to build a clientele for a new venture anyway.

8. Harker1440

Harker1440 New Member

Then based on this logic should the original owner take it back to GC and expect them to do the right thing as well?

9. rugerpc

rugerpc A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ

There really isn't anything more to add.

Once it became an open conversation between the actual seller and the actual buyer in this forum I think it was out of hand. I know that if I had a problem with a patient, I sure as Hell would not be discussing it in an open forum even if that forum was related to my business or industry.

Pictures of the guitar are useful and instructive to this forum in that we all need to know how to spot a fake - the conversation between the buyer and seller are not. If it was my call, I'd delete all posts not directly concerned with the authenticity of the guitar. The rest is not our business.

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Pincher of Harmonics

11. Master Roshi

Master Roshi New Member

I completely agree with blackbird.

12. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Zombie Zero

So, Master Roshi, which PRS model would you most like to have?

http://prsguitars.com/products/

The Custom 24 SE would be a notable upgrade for a few hundred less than you paid for the fake. You can even get on in the same color.

[​IMG]

13. Master Roshi

Master Roshi New Member

As much as I would love to own any model, I can barely afford to eat at the moment... so it might be a while :)

14. themike

themike New Member

I just reread the whole thread and didn't realize it was a year ago and that he also sold it privately via craigslist and not through his store. I think time is the enemy here and hopefully a deal can be reached privately.

15. Master Roshi

Master Roshi New Member

He bought it from guitar center and I bought it from his store.

16. slang05

slang05 Guest

I think I agree. Last night I was all on my high horse about the store owner doing the right thing and may have taken sides inadvertently. This thread, started by me, was only meant as a laugh at a bad fake, not as a call to judgement on either party. It's entirely possible that a bad fake got passed around. It really sucks for both of them. I'm glad we got involved to lend our knowledge of PRS guitars, but anything pass that may be inappropriate. I apologize if anything I said was inappropriate.

Bottom line is they are both showing that they want to work it out and are not treating this like a victim and a perpetrator, but as 2 people working together to find a mutually beneficial agreement. I applaud both of you for that. It would be much easier to yell and scream at each other and play the blame game. So from me, thank you to both of you for your thoughts and comments and showing me some holiday spirit!

In closing I would like to say SQUIRT

17. Artist

Artist New Member

I'm glad to see both working on it and yes, should be continued in private.

Roshi, hope you get out of this hard phase soon. Once everything is back to normal just remember that if you liked that copy you will Love an actual PRS or PRS SE. This community will be here to help you decide.

These trades happen more often than we think. If this is the case with a PRS that is so easy to spot, I can't imagine how may fake "Fenders" or "Gibbies" trade hands every day.