Worst Custom 24 Fake Ever!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;35537 said:
I understand. I want to know when "PRS confused" is going to tell us if this is the guitar he sold to Master Roshi. Furthermore, I think PRS confused should post the photos he took when he owned it.

Yeah, i agree. I thought you were confused on who did what! Sorry.

I would like to see those pictures too unless he says it's the same guitar.

I always assumed forgeries would be sold once and then be out of circulation. I never imagined a fake being sold, played for years in bands, and then resold again! I guess I always assumed the victim (and there are 2 here!) would never be able to resell it.

This could get real tricky if he says its not the same guitar.

Mister Roshi..the pics I posted are the guitar that you own that you purchased from the store, right?

Like I said before, I am willing to try and work with him. My issue is the time. If it was so bad then why hadn't someone pointed it out a long time ago. I am not giving a full refund this far down the road. I would be willing to give a trade or trade and money or something but I am not taking full responsibilty on a ten year old guitar that was bought used and fully inspected before purchase. I do not feel that is unreasonable. My attorney has informed me that it is a civil matter and to act on it for either side would cost more than what a new PRS costs. Not to mention a year in court. I am going to end up going into defense mode and fighting this solely based on the "as is" clause and the time if I take much more of a beating over something I didnt mean to do.

How do I post a picture? also the pic I have it had the original 5 way switch and the orignal dragon pickups in it.

Did you sell this guitar as a PRS guitar or as a forgery of a PRS guitar? And you sold it to him out of your store right?

Like I said before, I am willing to try and work with him. My issue is the time. If it was so bad then why hadn't someone pointed it out a long time ago. I am not giving a full refund this far down the road. I would be willing to give a trade or trade and money or something but I am not taking full responsibilty on a ten year old guitar that was bought used and fully inspected before purchase. I do not feel that is unreasonable. My attorney has informed me that it is a civil matter and to act on it for either side would cost more than what a new PRS costs. Not to mention a year in court. I am going to end up going into defense mode and fighting this solely based on the "as is" clause and the time if I take much more of a beating over something I didnt mean to do.

Did you sell this guitar as a PRS guitar or as a forgery of a PRS guitar? And you sold it to him out of your store right?

photostream

That doesn't really prove anything. Personally, I don't think a picture of you playing that guitar years ago is relative. You own a store, you sold a forgery..a year ago. I don't know why no one ever told you it was a fake. Most bar patrons wouldn't know. Hell, if I saw you playing I wouldn't have told you. I would've just got a laugh out of it. I'm positive you wouldn't have sold it if you would've known.

From working in many music stores the "as is" clause is for used gear and it's condition, not if its a forgery.

I'm not trying to attack you, I realize this is a delicate situation. you were taken too. Someone stole your money when they sold you this guitar. But I know morally, for me, I would honor what I sell out of any store I own. I would take responsibility for my inventory.

But all I'm doing is preaching, this is just a forum. You two have to work it out. I don't think it's unreasonable to offer a partial refund, it has been a year. I'm sorry that as a seller you are in this position, no one likes to have their honesty and integrity attacked. I hope you don't feel that I am doing that to you, not my intentions. I don't believe anyone on here is doing that.

Ok fellas, I think the facts are all on the table now. Let's let these guys figure out what they're going to do - as well as the legalities around the decisions they make.

I don't want the owners of this forum to end up involved in a court battle.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;35564 said:
Ok fellas, I think the facts are all on the table now. Let's let these guys figure out the legalities. I don't want the owners of this forum to end up involved in a court battle.

You are right..Best of luck to both of you. I think a reasonable compromise can be made.

I'm trying to work it out. I only have so much money and some trade. Other than that I will be forced to fight it in court. Maybe it isn't the same guitar? Never really thought about it that way until you guys. Thanks. They do kinda look different.

Back