Worst Custom 24 Fake Ever!

Sorry guys, didn't mean to get all emotional! lol But this kinda thing really irks me.

BTW, I don't think it is relisted....but the link I posted works
As long as the fakes keep looking this bad, we'll be alright. :)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;35504 said:
As long as the fakes keep looking this bad, we'll be alright. :)

No kidding, I have never worried about buying a fake PRS off Craigslist. I don't think it would be cost effective for a scammer to make a good fake.

That guitar is a fake. As far as I know, PRS has NEVER used a volute in the neck.
Or made a guitar that shape, with a neck that isn't centered, with a bridge like that, with a headstock that shape, or a banana backplate, or a rectan... oh nevermind.

I dub this guitar "El Plátano Azul".

_1051839b.jpg

Ok... Im the owner of this sad piece. I traded him my 74' Alvarez acoustic and paid 950$. I don't think a full refund should be out of the question right?

Ok... Im the owner of this sad piece. I traded him my 74' Alvarez acoustic and paid 950$. I don't think a full refund should be out of the question right?

Personally I don't believe so. He keeps referring to it being sold "as is" but I don't think that would qualify on a forgery. If he comes back to this thread he'll see Shawn from PRS said it was not a real PRS either. I don't believe his case of ignorance would hold up in a court of law, but I'm no lawyer either. His claims of buying that guitar at a Guitar Center, to me, are laughable. I don't like Guitar Center, but they do know their stuff. That would never would have been taken in on a trade or bought into the store and if it somehow did make it to the floor, it would've been caught by someone. That guitar could not hang on a wall next to a real PRS and be confused with a real one.

Honestly, if it were me. I would demand a full refund or another item of equal value. If he refuses I would sue.

But like I said before, if he is an honest business man he would see this thread and be calling you. No small business would want the reputation of selling forgeries. He would be out of business in no time.

But with all that said, I am no lawyer, I do not know if you have any power other than negative word of mouth. It has been a year also. I don't know legally if you have any rights. My gut is that you do (since it was sold under false pretense) but I don't know that for a fact. I can see way more negative things for him if this went to the next level than it would for you.

You also don't need to worry if it is real and if you are going to be proven wrong. It's a fake.

I also feel sorry for him. He is being feed a lot of information. He just may need some time to digest it. From working in small music stores, refunding $950 could really hurt. Maybe offer a payment plan or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;35530 said:
I'm curious to see if the photos he claims to have match "El Plátano Azul".

Exactly. I am too. Wow..what a tricky situation.

Thanks for the help man. I'm being so calm and understanding with him because he is a good guy that I feel will do the right thing. I worked really hard to save up to get a nice guitar, then I get a fake... I'm just so stressed out right now.

Thanks for the help man. I'm being so calm and understanding with him because he is a good guy that I feel will do the right thing. I worked really hard to save up to get a nice guitar, then I get a fake... I'm just so stressed out right now.

I'm sorry man. When I started this thread I thought the worst of you (since you posted it) and I apologize. It's tough to save money and then basically lose it. I'm glad to hear that you think he'll do the right thing. Just keep in mind what I said about him being a small business owner and money can be tight. I bet if you work with him, knowing he was taken too, everything will work out

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;35534 said:
So are we going to hear from the seller? Is this the guitar you sold him?

Master Roshi bought the guitar from PRS Confused who owns a small guitar store in Arkansas

Master Roshi bought the guitar from PRS Confused who owns a small guitar store in Arkansas
I understand. I want to know when "PRS confused" is going to tell us if this is the guitar he sold to Master Roshi. Furthermore, I think PRS confused should post the photos he took when he owned it.

It is the same guitar that he owned. He showed me a pic of him with it a few years ago, literally the only difference is that he changed the pickups and switched out the rotary toggle with a 3-way

Back