Worn / Reliced PRSZ

BALIstic

I searched this and didn't find anything.

So PRS is 30 years young. There must be some nice examples of worn PRS guitars or dare I say it reliced PRSZ even ?

Id like to see some well worn but loved PRS geetars. I can't imagine people beatin on a PRS with chains and car keys ? But if you have I'd like to see those too.

I should add add that I think I will probably cry if my Paul's gets a bump but it probably will happen at one stage. I've banned my boy "The Relicer" from touching ior even looking at it in the flesh. I air dropped him a pic. So touch wood (gently) she'll be in immaculate condition for a good few years. I don't generally care about the odd scratch or dings on my Fenders but I do try to look after them as best as I can.

Fenders and even Gibby's can look cool as hell all beat up but I'm yet to see a well used PRS. Please enlighten me.

Last edited:
DSC_6381.jpg

Thanks Brian G...

OK, I was thinking more kinda operational beater PRSZ but I didn't specify that so AAA for effort......
and before my bedtime too.

What does something like the above run for $$$. Those half bodies would make beautiful book ends or shelves. Stick with me Brian G and with my brains and your partial Geetar bodies we'll be thousanaire's in no time........

Last edited:
OK, what about 20 year and older PRSZ and beaters if you have one ?

Is is there some type of stigma attached to having a scratched and dinged PRS. Am I breaking a forum rule asking to see one ?

I promise I won't be telling Mr Smith. This stays between you, me and worldwide interweb.....

Last edited:
I've got a ce22 that's beat a little but it was that way when I got it so I can't really claim the wear as my own.

I just know that i beat on my Cu22 pretty good but it doesn't show any real wear except a little on the frets :p No seriously, that finish is almost indestructible unless you literally bang the guitar into the ceiling (which of course I did and chipped away a little edge of the headstock finish haha).

My 2002 CU24 is about 13 years old (duh), but I haven't had it nearly that long - just got it last January (2014). It was a player/gigging guitar, so it is a bit dinged up, but nothing like the reliced Strats and LPs I've seen! Just one ding on front body, and the headstock has a big ding on the top horn.

Not that I condone this behavior, in fact I think it is pretty stupid. It is stupid for Fender but more so for a PRS since PRS puts more effort into great tops and finishes, but since you wanted to see it, here you go.

Personally, I prefer honest wear.
88backwear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure I've posted this before but Willcut's has an Underwood aged DGT. I kind of like it.

129787-4.jpg
Very tastefully done. I was having trouble envisaging a worn PRS. I honestly haven't seen as much on a paint chip on the ones I've seen personally.

There has to be some beautiful old PRS guitars bagging around that are not dissimilar to the example above. Show em if ya got em.....

Well I missed these in my search. Thanks for taking the time to post a link. Personally I think those guitars look great sans the stickers. Like a good pair of comfortable old sneakers or jeans. I couldn't watch the vid.

The six were as attractive as any worn Fender or Gibson I've seen but for some reason I couldn't picture it working in my head. I guess I've always considered PRS to be a show piece, I mean that in the nicest way possible. A combination of beautifully carved bodies and drop dead gorgeous paint = Art in my book but with a usefulness not normally associated with conventional art pieces.

Despite the undeniable craftsmanship I still found the double cut body to be somewhat an acquired taste ? Now I'm already hungry for another.

Last edited:
I dunno.

There's a certain vanity in an artificially aged instrument that tends to annoy me. Maybe it's the idea that someone needs to pretend, wants to try to fool the world, etc.

While a truly old instrument with a story to tell is appealing for some reason.

I dunno.

There's a certain vanity in an artificially aged instrument that tends to annoy me. Maybe it's the idea that someone needs to pretend, wants to try to fool the world, etc.

While a truly old instrument with a story to tell is appealing for some reason.

I couldn't agree more.

Back