World Cup 2018

I'm bummed I didn't get to see the England/Columbia match , I was working.

I'm lucky, after 30 years at the same company, and transitioning from a "technical geek" to a "numbers geek", I get to work from home. I've been to the office 3 or 4 times in the last year. I've had the WC games on in the background while I'm pounding away on my laptop. I'll do the same with the Tour starting this weekend.

That said, Columbia played a brutish match, and England matched them the whole way. It felt like a good old fashioned hockey game. I'm sure football purists may not have cared for it, but I sure did.

I'm lucky, after 30 years at the same company, and transitioning from a "technical geek" to a "numbers geek", I get to work from home. I've been to the office 3 or 4 times in the last year. I've had the WC games on in the background while I'm pounding away on my laptop. I'll do the same with the Tour starting this weekend.

That said, Columbia played a brutish match, and England matched them the whole way. It felt like a good old fashioned hockey game. I'm sure football purists may not have cared for it, but I sure did.

Just watched the last 30mins of the replay. Penalties and all! That was a rolller-coaster ride!

I'm trying to convince Paul to let me work from home. Then again, I've only been here for 16 years, so I need to put in a little more time before I can earn that privilege.

brilliant belgium v brazil game last night, jeezypeeps that was a cracker, only spolit by south america 'handbags' amateur dramatics

and in that spirit, meet naymar the goat version ;)

cheering for England today, great team and no superstar egos

brilliant belgium v brazil game last night, jeezypeeps that was a cracker, only spolit by south america 'handbags' amateur dramatics

and in that spirit, meet naymar the goat version ;)

cheering for England today, great team and no superstar egos

It certainly was! Man, the last 20 minutes Brazil had Belgium on their heels! Lots of chances, and that save on the Neymar shot was incredible. Glad Belgium was able to hold them off!

WOW !!! What a great couple of days.
Roger Water's Us & Them tour Hyde Park and England through to the World Cup semi finals.
The keeper Jordan Pickford is having a Blinder of comp.
That's gotta be worth 2 pairs of sunglasses. :cool::cool: !!!

Congrats to England and their supporters. I told my son that if England wins it all, Harry Kane will be knighted. If Pickford keeps it up, he too will be knighted.

Crotia could be a big surprised, wait and see ^^
As France and Belgium are cousins, this 1/2 final is very exiting ; and I don't care which one will win as I like the two :p

France in final :D
Still I don't care, but happy for my country :)

First time that my town is so noisy : people scream and all the cars burn their klaxon.
It will be difficult to sleep tonight :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well this was quite a decent game. Unfortunate result for the Belgiums, but France was the stronger team. I don't see them losing to Croatia or England

Back