World Cup 2018

Because Futbol is so low on my richter scale I'm not gonna look that one up, but I'll take your word for it. I'm addicted to boxing & rugby 7s, so I can still get with the European thing a little (for a yank;)).

Still pulling for these viking descendants to pull off an upset though.
Rugby 7s is good sport. I don’t run into many who know it exists.

Because Futbol is so low on my richter scale I'm not gonna look that one up, but I'll take your word for it. I'm addicted to boxing & rugby 7s, so I can still get with the European thing a little (for a yank;)).

Still pulling for these viking descendants to pull off an upset though.
Haha well rugby they play mainly on that queer island across the channel, it doesn't really have a big following on the mainland (European mainland that is) so I wouldn't know what rugby 7s is all about except, that I guess, is played 7 against 7 haha!

But if you like iceland for their Viking descendancy, you will probably like their celebrations!

Haha well rugby they play mainly on that queer island across the channel, it doesn't really have a big following on the mainland (European mainland that is) so I wouldn't know what rugby 7s is all about except, that I guess, is played 7 against 7 haha!

But if you like iceland for their Viking descendancy, you will probably like their celebrations!

Nah, I'm just pulling for them because nobody hardly knows they even exist.

.... and you're right that its a 7 vs 7 rugby game, more popular worldwide (NZ, Australia, South Africa, Polynesia, Argentina) than in Europe. A shame cause it's much more interesting than soccer to me.

Rugby is a game played by men with odd shaped balls!

Egg Chasing is a game played by the slightly deranged. Qualification consists of Cauliflower ears, No teeth. Broken noses and Big Boys in tight shorts LOL Can't see England doing Diddly Squat and anyway I picked out Germany In the sweepstake and they've got Mesut O'zil, Mesut O'zil. Go you Gooner.!!!

Nah, I'm just pulling for them because nobody hardly knows they even exist.

.... and you're right that its a 7 vs 7 rugby game, more popular worldwide (NZ, Australia, South Africa, Polynesia, Argentina) than in Europe. A shame cause it's much more interesting than soccer to me.
After I watched some games from the World Cup (?) of 'normal' rugby I tried to get more into it, but the fact that it isn't broadcasted on the telly here in the Netherlands made that a bit hard! Wouldn't know how to even give rugby 7s a chance, haha.
So how to they determine if the players meet the odd shaped balls criteria?o_O

After I watched some games from the World Cup (?) of 'normal' rugby I tried to get more into it, but the fact that it isn't broadcasted on the telly here in the Netherlands made that a bit hard! Wouldn't know how to even give rugby 7s a chance, haha.

So how to they determine if the players meet the odd shaped balls criteria?o_O

7s is a much more intense version, IMO. It's 7 vs 7 with 7 minute halves instead of 15 vs 15 and 40 minute halves.

7s is a much more intense version, IMO. It's 7 vs 7 with 7 minute halves instead of 15 vs 15 and 40 minute halves.

Much more athletic game of speed, the 15s just looks like a gang fight sometimes.
I also like the international aspect of the tournaments too, with Fiji, NZ, Australia & South Africa dominating in recent years.

Much more athletic game of speed, the 15s just looks like a gang fight sometimes.
I also like the international aspect of the tournaments too, with Fiji, NZ, Australia & South Africa dominating in recent years.

I'm not a regular viewer, but if I happen across it, I'll tune in. Watched as much as I could during the Olympics.

Depends if it’s Union or League, the latter is much faster paced and is the professional side of the sport. Both are dangerous if you’re in the 2nd row of the scrummage!

So it's just a 14 min game? Do they even use substitutes?
Yep. Each team is allowed to carry 5 reserve players. They also get 5 substitutions per game. In 7s, a player that is subbed out, can re-enter the game as a sub.

With half the team and only needing to play for 14 minutes you don’t really have to co serve energy. While I might, but an athlete doesn’t.
You still do have to conserve your gas tank (to an extent) but yes they can cut loose more and I think thats why it has so much appeal that it was in the olympics. Even my Fijian friends follow the 7s more than anything else.

You still do have to conserve your gas tank (to an extent) but yes they can cut loose more and I think thats why it has so much appeal that it was in the olympics. Even my Fijian friends follow the 7s more than anything else.
My beef with most professional sport is how much time it takes to watch a game unfold. 3+ hours is a really long time.

My beef with most professional sport is how much time it takes to watch a game unfold. 3+ hours is a really long time.

.... and that's the beauty of the 7s, short matches, lots of teams, it's a win win situation.
Boxing is my #1 though, it could go the distance ..... or it could be done in the first round ........ in the blink of an eye.
No 3 hours there.

Back