World Cup 2014

Shawn@PRS

yogi
How many of you are watching the World Cup? Brazil kicked it off yesterday by hosting Croatia. There were some bad calls (already) but Brazil was the better team and did win the match. I'd love to see the US go all the way, but with Germany, Portugal and Ghana all in the same group, they have a real struggle ahead of them. Ultmately I think Brazil will win it at home. So who are you picking?

Yup, I intend to watch as many matches as I can.

Being 5 hours ahead in England though could prove tricky with kick off and time difference but I'll try.

The teams I think in contention to win it are obviously:

Brazil – Home advantage, good squad, experience coach

Argentina – good squad, arguably world's best player in Messi, but I doubt Maradona's coaching and tactical ability.

Germany – They always do well, and always find a way to win, very strong mentally

Spain – Can beat anyone on their day, reigning world champions and European champions, now even has a striker in Costa. The only negatives are that some of their players may have passed their sell by date such as Xavi and Inesta.

Outside bet

Begium – Been really strong through qualifying and with Hazard in their side, who can create something out of nothing, they can beat anyone.
Holland – If Van Persie somehow find form again, there is no better finisher of the ball in the game.
Portugal – very outside chance. If you don't contain Ronaldo then you'll have problem but if you do, Portugal won't go very far. They barely just qualified.

Who do I think will win? I think Argentina will win. Brazil was really ordinary last night, if it wasn't for a few dodgy referee decision they could have easily drawn or even lost that match.

Can't believe what happened to Spain today...
A testament that anything is possible...

I agree that it's (almost) anyones ballgame at this point. Holland put the smack down on Spain. WTF was that all about?

I'm glad to see Australia scored against Chile. That should boost their morale moving forward.

Sergio, why you picking on Arsenal?

My co-worker is Dutch. Talking with him today, he was just hoping for a tie. I bet he is pretty happy right about now!

That Van Persie header was just awesome. Superman style for sure.

I'm looking forward to this game. How about you Serg?

eng-ita.jpg

So after watching the rocumentary, I'm hooked. Where and when are Group or Death playing again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back