World Cup 2014

I'm looking forward to this game. How about you Serg?

View attachment 1776

We made a great start but it all went a bit flat in the second half...

The good news about us losing is that I can't here the drunks chanting "Engerrrluund" as they stagger home!

Slightly more optimistic about us getting through the group stage but we need a lot more belief.

In other news, how about Costa Rica upending Uruguay?

I missed most of the games this weekend from my birthday bleeding into the rest of it... I'll have to catch up before Argentina destroys Bosnia today.

So after watching the rocumentary, I'm hooked. Where and when are Group or Death playing again?

Well the backstory is that they're supposed to play every cup, but since the worlds largest advertising company who owns the intellectual property of the "Group of Death" hasn't called me...

We made a great start but it all went a bit flat in the second half...

The good news about us losing is that I can't here the drunks chanting "Engerrrluund" as they stagger home!

Slightly more optimistic about us getting through the group stage but we need a lot more belief.

I still think England will get out of the group stage, but they'll need to go back to playing their style of football.

I missed most of the games this weekend from my birthday bleeding into the rest of it... I'll have to catch up before Argentina destroys Bosnia today. .

The goal by Messi was amazing. For my money, he is the greatest (active) soccer player.

Well the backstory is that they're supposed to play every cup, but since the worlds largest advertising company who owns the intellectual property of the "Group of Death" hasn't called me...

When they call, let me know the venue you'll be playing

Last edited:
Germany put the smack-down on Portugal after Pepe was sent off for letting his frustration get the better of him. I think there is hope for the US to make it out of the group stage.

Ghana v. USA tonight at 6PM eastern!

Im German, my wife is Argentinian.

So everything is fine until now.
In case Germany plays against Argentina again I have either a good evening with my friends and sleep afterwards on the couch
or I have a good evening with my wife... :)

If I had to bet money I would clearly vote for Brazil as champion.
5 times champ + home team of world cup is statistically not to beat.

The US won against a talented Ghanian team, but if Altidore is out, things will get more complicated moving forward.

Tomorrow Belgium v Algeria and Brazil v Mexico!

I saw the end of the USA game. My younger daughter goes to a home based day care run by this amazingly loving Colombian grandmother. Her husband and son (both avid soccer fans, as any good Colombian should be) were home watching the game yesterday and they said the US caught some lucky breaks and didn't deserve to win. I heard a radically different take on NPR this morning. So, we'll see who's right.

Well, Portugal is our next game Sunday and they have 3 of their players out so I'm call that game for us also. It was a great game but everyone is trying to catch foul calls after the Brazil/Croatia game. We did have the fastest score of any US world cup team and the 6th fastest in history with 32 seconds.

I saw the end of the USA game. My younger daughter goes to a home based day care run by this amazingly loving Colombian grandmother. Her husband and son (both avid soccer fans, as any good Colombian should be) were home watching the game yesterday and they said the US caught some lucky breaks and didn't deserve to win. I heard a radically different take on NPR this morning. So, we'll see who's right.

I think the USA did well, I watched the whole match and they scored early, worked hard and kept Ghana out but the pressure was too much. I would think they would've lost if they didn't score when they did because Ghana was pressing hard at that point and it was 1 way traffic. However, they did, and that is football. And then they did what they had to do which is defend. Defending is just as important as scoring and they worked hard as a team and did that so deserved win.

But I can see why arguments can be made that if it ended up as a draw, it would've been a fair result too.

The US won against a talented Ghanian team, but if Altidore is out, things will get more complicated moving forward.

Tomorrow Belgium v Algeria and Brazil v Mexico!

Altidore plays for Sunderland here in England and no disrespect to him....there are much better center forward. He is like a bull that just charges forward but doesn't score any goals. He scored 1 goal in the last campaign here in the Premier League, there are many defenders who has scored more than him so the silver lining could be that another star can step up and take his place.

The US team parked the bus (think "prevent defense" in American football) during the second half. Ghana is a talented team, but they didn't have enough in the tank to win that match.

Altidore ain't Messi, but he may be the best forward we have. Hopefully Johannsson will step up and make a name for himself during the WC. It would be nice to have Landon Donovan in Brazil right now.

Ochoa put the Brazilians on lockdown. That was a terrific performance!

I'm looking forward to Spain v Chile tomorrow.

Yeah, Ochoa was a stud. I really think Mexico deserved to win that game but nice they ended up with a draw instead of a loss there. People are going nuts around SoCal.

The World Cup in 10 Seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill only be watching US games, we got rid of TV service because we never watched it, so I'm limited to games that are shown on watchESPN... although with the American Football season just around the corner, we might have to get basic cable again to watch the Packers, lol.

Ill only be watching US games, we got rid of TV service because we never watched it, so I'm limited to games that are shown on watchESPN... although with the American Football season just around the corner, we might have to get basic cable again to watch the Packers, lol.

Watch ESPN is airing every single game. I have not missed one yet since the tournament started.

The US story is interesting, at least to those of us in the US, but you're really missing out if you limit yourself to just those few matches - the whole thing is just so epic.

Watch ESPN is airing every single game. I have not missed one yet since the tournament started.

The US story is interesting, at least to those of us in the US, but you're really missing out if you limit yourself to just those few matches - the whole thing is just so epic.

Yeah I noticed that when i started it up and saw the end of Spain vs Chile.. so ill be watching what I can :) I just assumed they were only showing "local" games like so many apps do, but I'm happy to be wrong in this case,lol.

Back